• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got a soltek v5 kt333 have a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rass02

Registered
alright here is the scoop, I am curently building a new comp with an xp 2000+ cpu. well the deal is i just got my soltek v5 motherboard with the kt333 chip set. my question is that i have a Crucial 256 stick of pc2100 and a stick of 256 pc2700 is there how would this work? would it overclock the 2100 or would the 2700 run at 2100 speed. I also have a thermaltake memory cooling kit with an upgraded fan, and a crap load of fans in a lan-lai 60 aluminum case. thanks

I believe the memory will run at the lower memory speed if you have 2 different speeds installed.

EDIT: Oh yeah. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

WELCOM TO THE FORUMS!!

i'd sale the 2100 ram, and take the proceeds to a new stick
of pc2700. that'll be great especially with your kt333 chipsets.

i've been drooling over the new soltek for a while now :p

Same boat 9just ordered the new Soltek KT333 based board).

I'm hearing Crucial 2700 is the way to go but man...I told the Mrs. $100 in memory would do it.

Darn price gouging chip companies....grrrrr. :mad:

Make that Corsair not Crucial. They don't have 2700 yet that I know of.

Sorry.

BTW, I just ordered 256MB Kingmax TinyBGA true PC2700 DDR333 -5ns CL2.5 (CAS2.5) 184pin non-ECC DIMM

I hope that it is good stuff.

thanks for the replies, guess i'll just have to grab some 2700 and deal with it. I'll tell ya'll how this soltek works, i got goose bumps already.

FWIW (and that isn't much) the online rating at newegg was giving the board a 2 out of 5 with 2 people responding. The funny thing is that newegg just started carrying the board a day or two ago. How someone could get it in, test it, and respond in thta time is amazing.

Back