• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lame.....ST6......Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Only delivers 1.6 V-core. What am I suposed to do with that? I cant work with that. I need atleast 1.75. Is there anything that I can do besides wrapping the pins, thats my last resort, as I have a issues with working with small things, that need to be exact.

It's so simple. Just get a piece of copper wire (1 cm long) and loop it into a "U" shape. Drop it in the 2 red dots shown with my crappy image. You'll get 1.8v max now.

{PMS}fishy said:
Ill try that. You need that many volts to run at 1533?

Yeah I got a lousy Celly. Stable at 128fsb. Anything above that gives me errors in Prime unless I set my "In-Order Queue" to 1, which will slow down my memory like a snail.

{PMS}fishy said:
Which plant was it from? I got mine from the phillipines;)

I'm not sure which week it came out. I got my Celly in Nov 2001.

Intel 01 Philippines
1200/256/100/1.475

7138A078-1311
CELERON SL5XS

Hey Bonka, are you still stuck at 128fsb/1.8 vcore? After getting the vid pin thing to work I'm in the same boat. 128fsb works great, anything over and it starts getting flakey. Are you still air cooling? I'm using the Swifty MCX370's with the Pabst fan and get about the same temps. Since I ordered one of those Innovatek cooling kits, which should be here this Friday, I'm hoping the additional cooling will help me get that magic 133 mark. One last question for ya, what divider/mem settings are you using? I don't seem to have any changes in stability whether it's 3:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2; 4:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2; or 3:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2. Only thing I get is the little statement that says "CAS Timing should be 3" or something like that when ever I try to use the 4:4:1 setting. This divsor thing seems "abit" screwy to me. :beer: (No pun intended :) )

surfinguru said:
Hey Bonka, are you still stuck at 128fsb/1.8 vcore? After getting the vid pin thing to work I'm in the same boat. 128fsb works great, anything over and it starts getting flakey. Are you still air cooling? I'm using the Swifty MCX370's with the Pabst fan and get about the same temps. Since I ordered one of those Innovatek cooling kits, which should be here this Friday, I'm hoping the additional cooling will help me get that magic 133 mark. One last question for ya, what divider/mem settings are you using? I don't seem to have any changes in stability whether it's 3:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2; 4:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2; or 3:3:1, 2-7/9-2-2. Only thing I get is the little statement that says "CAS Timing should be 3" or something like that when ever I try to use the 4:4:1 setting. This divsor thing seems "abit" screwy to me. :beer: (No pun intended :) )

Very Interesting! I'm EXACTLY having the same problems as you. My chip still tops out at 128fsb 1.8v. I personally doubt cooling is the problem. I had planned to go towards watercooling but that will be on hold as I will soon get myself the ThermalRight AX-7. Myabe strap on the 80CFM Delta as well.

I'm using the 4:4:1 dividers. Although I've never tried using the 3:3:1 dividers, I'm certain my computer won't be able to cope with it. My memory timings are set to the fastest speed possible, 2-2-2 5/7. Strange thing though in Sandra, my memory scores are in the 400's, which seem surprisingly low, even for cheap Micron/Samsung RAM. I'll probably do another benchy to update my results.

So far, since I got my Celly, this sucker refuses to go any higher. I am almost convinced that this is a crappy chip. Temps are not an issue, even though, at times, they run in the 40's idling. Go figure.

Let's keep in touch. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me!

The vid pin hole trick is really easy to do. Just use a single strand of copper wire (from like speaker wire) bend it into a U and drop it into the pinholes. You can remove and re-install your CPU and not disturb the wire. The ST6 will boot up with a new default voltage of 1.675 volts. I needed to run my celeron 1.1A at 1.62 to get it stable at 133MHz, the 1.60 volts just wasn't stable.

Good luck!

Back