• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerns with O/C Aopen AX63Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlaYd

I've just got into overclocking and I have got my PIII 650 to run at 805Mhz just by raising the FSB. As far as I can tell, everything is stable. My concern is I'm not sure if I can get a cpu temp on my board. I have installed several M/B monitoring programs (including MBM5) and they all seem to only detect one temp sensor and one fan speed sensor. Is this the CPU Temp/Fan it is detecting?

After o/c my cpu and running the SiSoft Sandra Burnin tool for about 20 mins, the *suspected* CPU temp only reaches 30 degrees celcius. I thought this may be out so I reached down and felt the CPU and it was COOL to touch. I would have imagined a 155Mhz jump on a 650Mhz processor would have made the CPU work a little bit and get warm.

I should add I have a full tower case and only one extra intake fan next to the M/B. That's all of my cooling (except for the stock standard HS and fan that came with my CPU).

Does anyone know if this is right? Am I using the right temp sensor on my board? If not, does it have or can I install a proper CPU temp sensor? I just need to know everything is working so I can keep overclocking.

Thanks

Back