• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc1066 Rdram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toast

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can purchase PC800 RDRAM that is pretested to run as PC1066 ? Any reference to a web site that sells guaranteed overclockable memory will be helpful.

Toast

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the 256MB Samsung RIMMS I have max out at 122MHz FSB. Yes, I tend to agree, I'll have to consider an upgrade to the forthcoming Asus P4T533 and some true PC1066.

Any suggestions on edging the memory up to 133MHz FSB ?

Toast

Toast said:
Unfortunately, the 256MB Samsung RIMMS I have max out at 122MHz FSB. Yes, I tend to agree, I'll have to consider an upgrade to the forthcoming Asus P4T533 and some true PC1066.

Any suggestions on edging the memory up to 133MHz FSB ?

Toast

are you sure that its the memory holding you back?

Yes, I am pretty sure it is the memory. The system runs rock solid stable at 133FSB with a vCore of 1.525V and the memory multiplier set at 3x for 400MHz.

If I set the memory multiplier to 4x, the system cannot detect the memory at boot. I am using 256MB single sided 8 device Samsung rimms. Any suggestions would be great.

Toast

I was also unable to OC a i850 board to 133 FSB, and i was using 256 MB. Samsung Stics (w/ECC). Of course, the board was absolute crap...
Ok, it wasn't that bad.
My guess is you gotta find some way to overvolt the RIMMS. Heat might become a problem too at 133 FSB, cause it's already running so fast (they get HOT!!!)

Back