• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of mem modules are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Doors

Vesuvius Senior Ocer
Please, I've got from a friend 3 mem modules, but I don't understand what kind of Dimm are these, coz doesn't fit properly in the standard Dimm slots!

Chip & layout are marked by Hyunday, and there are 3 label with written:

- HYM572A400 ATNG-60 AB
- Hyunday 9716
- IBM 32M 60ns E P/N 20H0681 FRU 19H0289

and on chips there's this code: HY5116400A T-60 9715A (or 9713A) Korea

Thanks in advance for your support ;)

Adriano.

are u sure its not a simm?? if it wont fit into a sdram or ddr slot then my guess is its a simm of edo ram

Thanks ThePunkGeek ;)
so they seems to be 3x32Mb Dimm for an IBM RS/6000 Risc, uhmm....now I understand the fitting probs :D

bobt17 said:
are u sure its not a simm?? if it wont fit into a sdram or ddr slot then my guess is its a simm of edo ram
Yes, I'm sure, I've tried on different systems (Simm & Dimm) but the 'hole' in the middle of the module seems to be 1-2mm shifted laterally than the standard Dimm :confused: and onestly it's my first time :)

I agree with bobt17, I think that they are old simm chips, Fast Ones TOO!!! 60 nano seconds!!! blazin' speed! MMMMMMMMBOY!

My mistake, I haven't specified very well :rolleyes:
the PCB is long as a standard Dimm, but the two 'holes', not only one like I said, are just shift of 1mm ;)

hey they wouldent be a rimm would they?? i havent used any rdram but do u think that could possibly be what it is? or is it out of an old comp or something?

bobt17 said:
hey they wouldent be a rimm would they?? i havent used any rdram but do u think that could possibly be what it is? or is it out of an old comp or something?
Bobt17, I think that we are speaking of special kind of Dimm, supposed to work on a IBM RS/6000, and Yes, they are coming from an old Computer, but no info are available from this friend of mine ;)

FireMogle said:
I think the holes/grooves are for different voltages and ECC for RAM if my memory is correct.
Yes, probably you are right FireMogle ;)
Please, no one of the Guys & Gals present on the Forum are experienced in IBM Risc HardWare?

Still many thanks for your support ;)

Adriano

Back