• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7 II , HOW to fix the FIX ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dankal

Registered
Hi,
I got this TH7 II in september to replace my BH7 with CII566@850 (after 2 years with the C300A @450 ) deciding to go for pIV 1.5 when most of the OC community was still only considering Athlons but i was hoping to run this proc to 2G !
I could only get 1.8 with 120x4 fsb and 1.8 v real (2 in BIOS).
But it was not stable so i kept it @1,7G ;
What bothered me with this board was that NONE of the OPTIONS TO KEEP AGP , PCI or RDRAM AT THEIR NORMAL SPEED WERE WORKING !
As i red in the newsgroups that alot of TH7 II owners had this problem and they were no real alternative at this time ,i waited patiently hoping Abit will fix the fix option with a new bios .
BUT NOW THIS TIME HAS COME , I FLASHED THE 38 BIOS AND GOT THIS NORTHWOOD 1,6A and all i get is 1760 @110x4 with voltage set at 1,625 which really gives 1,49 AND STILL CANT USE THE FIX OR 2/4 OPTIONS FOR PCI AND AGP AND IF I SET 400 FOR THE RDRAM IT WORKS BUT AT 440 WITH 110X4!
So is there a fix for that ? if not i will change this board but my reseller ask me 4 weeks to get an exchange and i cant stay without a comp that long ,I will die :)= !

Daniel

:beer: :eh?:

The AGP/PCI "fix" setting works ok on my TH7-II. As for the memory settings of 300 and 400, really those are 3XFSB and 4XFSB. It doesn't actually fix the speed. If the RAM gets unstable at the "400" setting, just switch to the "300" setting.

TH7 II HOW TO FIX THE FIX ?

THANKS batboy , for the memory its true that its just a multiplier ,
but for the fix option when i change AGP to fix it refuse to start even at 110 fsb or it start but the agp and pci stays OC !
And we were many at the beginning to have this problem ,the new TH7 II SEEMS TO BE ok now so i guess i will change it if its not a bios issus but a hardware one .
DO you know if somebody has succeeded to cure this problem ,
where are the old timers with non working fix TH7 II ?
I HATE TO WAIT 4 WEEKS TO GET A NEW TH7 ? that 's the delay my reseller in france ask to change it !

Back