• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B266 and 133+ FSB, why bother

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vfrjim1

Looks like I finally got to the max with aircooling on this board with a 2.0A chip, my memory scores went into the Toilet when I bumped up to a 133 FSB from 132, it was stable, but my scores went from 2455 to 1950 in SiSoft, anyone know a way around this or is the PCI divider got me against the wall? Not that 2640 Mhz from a 2.0 is bad mind you, but at the penalty of memory speeds, cpu power is only worth so much if you lose that much memory speed.

Jim

I've got the same problem. I hope Asus hurry-up and release a new BIOS to allow 3:4 at any FSB, I've got some Kingmax PC2700 5ns that's begging to be run faster and a Northwood that's stable at 2.7GHz.

If any of you guys see a beta or hacked BIOS that fixes this then spread the word...:)

Coz said:
I've got the same problem. I hope Asus hurry-up and release a new BIOS to allow 3:4 at any FSB, I've got some Kingmax PC2700 5ns that's begging to be run faster and a Northwood that's stable at 2.7GHz.

If any of you guys see a beta or hacked BIOS that fixes this then spread the word...:)

Same RAM and same board here.. can't agree more :D
Using [email protected] now (132FSB)

the p4b266

i agree with the prevoius comments,i would love to run this board higher. my 1.6a is crying out for more memory bandwith than 300ddr cas 2-2-2-5.i tried it 3:4 at 132 and it was very happy at that speed.

Coz said:

there is a special bios for this board, but you need to get it from your local vapochill dealer. i am not sure about the memory divider problem on the board, but i will tell you that you can take your v-core up sky high.:D

that's the 1006 beta bios, I have my voltages up to 2.1v, but what difference does that make if your memory scores go into the toilet at 133+ till 155, it's not like we have engineering samples for chips and we could change our multiplier on the fly.

Back