• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is DRCG on th7 II ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dankal

Registered
Rambus clock generator
where is exactly this rambus clock generator, i looked all around the board with magnifiing glass but cant find it !
I got one of the first TH7 II in september (serial TIA002307) and the fix option or even the 2/4 dont work . it seems the new ones are ok so i might change it but my reseller ask me 4 weeks as it send it ot Abit for control and repair if possible , they might even do nothing and just give it back !

:beer:

drcg.jpg

Its the two chips circled in red.

THANKS ALOT ! No wonder i could not find them ,mine have absolutly nothing on it to identify them , no number or letter nothing .I guess they must be of the worst type ,the infamous CYP !
Anyway cant do much with this board as fix or 2/ 4 options dont work for AGP/PCI .
@+ Dan:
beer:

if it'll help, here is the numbers off my TH7-II clock generators which is not the newest revision, but will run the RAM at 133 FSB with a little extra cooling.

ICS 9212DF-03

batboy - I thought you couldn't get your RAM to do 533? Did you add cooling? If so, can you provide some details of what you did?

Do tell!:) I want to get mine up to that speed.

Thanks - LJ

dankal said:
THANKS ALOT ! No wonder i could not find them ,mine have absolutly nothing on it to identify them , no number or letter nothing .I guess they must be of the worst type ,the infamous CYP !
Anyway cant do much with this board as fix or 2/ 4 options dont work for AGP/PCI .
@+ Dan:
beer:

Dankal, i thought the same thing, they look compltly blank to the eye, But when i found them " With the help of BatBoy" I took a close up Pic of them " lens 2 Ins. away" & blew it up 300% & there they where two ICS 9212DF-03 :( I suspect, that yours are the same, just because the bad ink markings may be from the same batch.

Who's brave enough to replace these Clock Generators with the CDCFR83, 533MHz chips?

I bet Batboy will be the first?

9212DF.jpg

Thanks steve , i will check this more closely ,but my magnifying glass is not very good . Do you know if somebody with same board as also this fix problem and has find out a way to cure it ?
I red someone who said it might come from the AGP card (gf2 pro leadteck for me ) but i dout it , its a faulty board but Abit refuse to reckon that , there been hundreds of post on that when TH7 II arrived but now that i need really this option ( with 1,6A ) nobody talk about it anymore !

Re: Re: Where is DRCG on th7 II ?

I have TH7II with same DRGC's and ram is currently @ 540Mhz stable and tops 560Mhz.

I have 2 533Mhz TI parts though, but before soldering them, i must try first with Vrambus mod. Maybe it's ram holding me back.

SteveReno said:

Dankal, i thought the same thing, they look compltly blank to the eye, But when i found them " With the help of BatBoy" I took a close up Pic of them " lens 2 Ins. away" & blew it up 300% & there they where two ICS 9212DF-03 :( I suspect, that yours are the same, just because the bad ink markings may be from the same batch.

Who's brave enough to replace these Clock Generators with the CDCFR83, 533MHz chips?

I bet Batboy will be the first?

9212DF.jpg

I have two of the TI parts on the way, as I am fairly sure the DRCG is my problem. I can get my ram upto 144, but it will not be stable at that speed. Even increasing the voltage of it from 2.45 to 2.65 does nothing to help. When i get the TI parts i will fit them, and hopefully go higher.

Anonicle said:
I have two of the TI parts on the way, as I am fairly sure the DRCG is my problem. I can get my ram upto 144, but it will not be stable at that speed. Even increasing the voltage of it from 2.45 to 2.65 does nothing to help. When i get the TI parts i will fit them, and hopefully go higher.

Anonicle,

Please let of know how things work out...

I'm up to 140FSB & Everything seems to be working right?
I'm sure i can do 144, but testing this speed out now
:burn:
1.8 woody@ [email protected]
Temps: CPU: 41C. Case 31C
Stock cooling
2X256 PC800 "Samsung"
Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 380021A 80GB 7200RPM
ENERMAX DUAL FAN EG365P-VE 350W
Everything SOLD AS A ROCK!

Well, they turned up today, hopefully i can get them fitted at work tomorrow and give them a try.

ic.jpg

Yeah, i have the same parts.
Jus let us know how things worked out with these..

I'll be somewhat annoyed if they turn out worse than the ones that were fitted as standard:mad:

Anonicle,

I don't think you can get the info with the first call, but you might want to ask someone in the tech. lab a Abit to see if anything else needs to be changed besides the upgrade to support the CDCFR83's.

:burn:
1.8 [email protected]@1.7 Vcore
Temps: CPU: 41C. Case 31C
Stock cooling
2X256 PC800 "Samsung" 870 DATA RATE
Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 380021A 80GB 7200RPM
ENERMAX DUAL FAN EG365P-VE 350W
Everything SOLD AS A ROCK!

I've just been asking someone that replace his DRCG and apparantly it was just those, not the associated chips. I also considered that when i read the datasheets for the the chips, but hopefully it will be ok.

Back