• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi 645 ultra vs. soyo dragon ultra vs. asus p4s333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zck250

msi 645 ultra vs. soyo dragon ultra vs. asus p4s333

Which of these sis 645 motherboards are the best?

Are there any other ones that are better?

I was a big Asus fan having owned a P3V4X for the last couple of years. But the P4S333 did not offer all the features I was looking for in a new P4 board. So I went with the Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra. It is a great board with TONS of features. Onboard RAID, ATA 133, USB 2.0, Onboard 5.1 Sound, Onboard Networking Adapter, etc....... All in all a great board.

Ill 2nd the SY P4S Dragon Ultra board. Killer motherboard, plain and simple. Onboard Sound and NIC are top notch, even has a Highpoint 372 RAID controller.

The Dragon also costs about $40 to $60 more than other SiS645 boards. If one uses all the features, it may be worth it, though the reviews I have read are less than favorable with regards to BIOS issues and OC'ing. For ultimate OC'ing I say either the P4S333 (worked at 166 CPU/200 memory for the special DDR400 test at www.x-86secret.com) or the Gigabyte because of the ability to separately control the CPU, Memory, AGP, PCI bus speeds.

Back