• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard vmods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
I need some vmods.

First board is P4M900-M4.
This motherboard has ISL6566 for voltage controller. datasheet

Would it be best to connect resistor to offset, mess with vid's or just connect resistor to FB like usual?

I think I need to replace a few caps. I have some bulged caps around the memory slots. Hopefully that fixes a stability issue, even at stock clocks.

Second board is the 680i LT.

I am going to try the mods here: xs.

Going after the VSEN pin rather than FB will prevent you from running into OVP, so that's what I'd do.

I recapped my P4M900-M4 motherboard. It seems stable at stock speeds now. Almost through a 32m run at stock settings....
I will see how it clocks at stock volts tonight, then vmod time.

One tip for vmods on motherboards: make ohm measurements with a cpu in the socket. readings seem to change when you insert cpu....
Volt mod seems to work, but with the incorrect readings it was at 2.2V!!! I don't think that there was any damage. I shut it down thinking that I put the voltage read on the wrong place.

Edit: It seems that perhaps I just need to go with a higher ohms. Is that just a function of how the vsen pin works? Is it more sensitive to the ohm change?

something was wrong or I had a stray piece of wire or something. I couldn't get it to work correctly, so I took everything off and redid it. I will now try again.

Works ok. I am unsure what the issue was...

Last edited:
Back