• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-E BIOS & mem. settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthew A.

Registered
In the BIOS there is an option offered to enable or disable the memories "Turbo" mode. What exactly does this option change as far as it's effect on memory speeds. Is it a multiplier of sorts, or a latency setting perhaps or ? And when should it be and not be enabled.

It states

The manual states that RDRAM Turbo mode improves the system performance. By optimizing the RDRAM "timing" register...

Regards

Teken<---Who will engage this mode on his new computer system this week...

Thank you for replying, I apologize for not posting my message more precisely and along the lines of what those "timings" are exactly and what timings get changed and get changed too. Also, are the RDRAM timings much the same as the CAS refresh and precharge timings for SDRAM. If so, does enabling "turbo" mode increase or decrease the rams stability when the memory is o.c.ed and/or when the PCI bus and cpu are also o.c.ed. Is it best to enable the turbo setting only when not o.c.ing the memory bus or ? Or, do you now of a site that has information or that explains RDRAM timings.

Doing more research today

As far as I am aware this feature when enabled works perfectly fine in the standard configuration... That said, it is assumed that when OCing the CPU that the intended feature of "Turbo" may not work correctly, if and when the CPU is OCed above, or beyound the safe limits...

What are the safe limits??? What are the "minimum" limits??? What are the specific configuration that best work with the "turbo" mode???

I honestly do not know the answers to those Q's... But will be intensely searching the MB's for answers for you, and myself...

Regards

Teken<---Who would like to find firm facts on the Q at hand... :cool:

I was able to over clock my Willy to 2.2 and have turbo mode enabled,I havnt done alot yet but I have looped Madonion 2001SE for hours with no hangups as of yet

Thanks for the replies,

Shadoocat, did you use the dip switches to o.c your machine or the BIOS software. I have read that using the dip switches will provide a more stable system then if one uses the BIOS software. And to go by the dip switch positions listed in the P4T manual and not the P4T-E manual.

I wish I could boot up and tell you what all mine are set at but,I took out my video card and am waiting for my G4 ti 4600. This is what I remember, I set everything before I formated and loaded 98SE.I set everthing to max on the ram and AGP.I did all the updates(I added the network card for my cable modem.Then I Loaded the lastest drivers for my Elsa and ran prime 95 for 24 hours,While my chip was at 2.2(v-card not o/c)at stock voltage.It maxed out at 107F using MBM 5 and after that I ran 2001se for a few hours(4 I think).Besides some web surfing that about it before I removed my card.I hope this helps,I can tell you more as soon as I get my v-card.I'm using 512mb of samsung RDRAM.Thats all I can Think of right now,I hope this helps.

Please do, when you have time write out to us all what the settings were...

Regards

Teken<---Who has been bitten by the O/C bug, and he doesn't even have a 'first' working computer yet... :D

Back