• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Highest Voltage You Guys Got Northwood Cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if i do the pin trick what would you say would be max you would set it to?
come on guys talk to me in my posts here
thanks

I haven't done the pin mod, but the pot mod. There is overvoltage protection at 1.95volts which will sound an alarm and cause the mobo to not boot. There is a way to bypass it but you would need extreme cooling up there at them voltages anyway.

If you flash the TH7-II to the "77" BIOS that will give you up to 1.85v. If you wire wrap VID pins 1, 2, 3, and 4 then you'll have BIOS settings of up to 2.2v like JD says. Actual measured core voltage tends to be a little lower than what you set it at in the BIOS. Turbo used the 2.1v setting briefly to test his system and I used 2.05v briefly (1.95v actual with a spike up to 1.97v). See the below link for my overclocking adventure at those voltages. I do not recommend normal long term usage at those extreme voltages. CPU load temps get very warm and you run the risk of CPU damage from electromigration.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72865

Back