• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax DDR400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
who needs that, I mean seriously, who needs that.

maybe when the hammer's come out with 166mhz fsb stock, but still, no one needs that now, okay, let me rephrase, very few people need that, and it would cost an arm and a leg and a random appendage of your choosing just to get it.

DDR400?
How are they diff than the pc2100's - pc 2700's today?
Sorry for my ignorance but I've never heard of them.
Are they reserved for the Hammers?

How much do they go for?

Do those rocks come with it?
:beer:

brothernod said:
who needs that, I mean seriously, who needs that.

maybe when the hammer's come out with 166mhz fsb stock, but still, no one needs that now, okay, let me rephrase, very few people need that, and it would cost an arm and a leg and a random appendage of your choosing just to get it.
if you can run over a fsb of 200 with that ram, then i need some. i have the means to take my processor to the moon with that, do you know what kinda clock speeds i could hit with that stuff.:D

Placid = Have you noticed NorthBridge cooling issues with FSB setting past 175MHz? I mean if you needed to go with a WB & TEC.

Not on the xp-333 but it has 1/5 and 1/6 pci and agp dividers so the northbridge isn't running a high agp bus.

I don't know why that reviewer used a 8KHA+ I guess he likes to play with pelts.

Placid said:
Not on the xp-333 but it has 1/5 and 1/6 pci and agp dividers so the northbridge isn't running a high agp bus.
KT333 chipset right? How is it?
Placid said:
I don't know why that reviewer used a 8KHA+ I guess he likes to play with pelts.
Do you mean the KT266A is hard pressed to perform at these extreme FSB speeds? I've tried an EPOX board with the older DDR333 but never noticed the temps on the NB to do as high as the test showed.

No the xp-333 is a ali chipset.

Yes a 266a board at 200 mhz is running the agp bus at 100mhz and the pci bus at 50mhz vs. the xp-333 with a 1/6 would run 66mhz agp and 33mhz pci.

Then there are intel boards with the sis 645 chipset that can run the memory at fsb +2x the pci bus. or at 120 fsb 200mhz.

The new kt333 chipset should have a 1/5 divider at least the asus I saw screenshots of the bios looked like it does and should also allow at least a + pci bus memory setting.

Asus a7v333 bios pic.
bios1.jpg

Last edited:
cas and FSB speeds

Wait, Im still confused, I thought a Cas of 2.5 or higher COULDNT get reach the higher Oc'd speeds? What are the higher speeds? 266-300 higher?? Am I mistaken? Please explain it for me, Im getting this Latency thing all jubled in this busy brain of mine.

Mike A

cas 2 is the fastest for memory timing, but if you want to reach higher FSB, sometime you need to lower your memory timing, thus from cas2 to cas2.5.

quote:

Originally posted by Ralf Hutter
Folks with P4 Northwood OC'ed rigs, and a MoBo with the right dividers can get 400Mhz with a 150FSB, which is very do-able.Originally posted by jdmcnudgent
dude, what are you saying exactly? it is unclear.

This thread is about RAM that runs at 400Mhz.

What I said was that people that are running Highly OC'ed P4 Northwood setups can benefit from this kind of RAM speed.

A Northwood that is running at 150FSB with a divider of 3:4 will have a memory speed of 399Mhz. A FSB of 150 is 2.4Mhz from a 1.6Ghz Northwood chip. There are lots of people that have their chips OC'ed this far, so if their boards have at least a 3:4 divider available they would definately be able to use 400Mhz RAM. That's what I meant.

Back