• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling BD-7 operatorsthose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H2gO Flasher

Registered
I'd like feed back form the owner/operators of either the Abit BD7-Raid mobo or the straight version BD-7.

Those of you that are running 1.6a
your thoughts please

is the limitation the Vcore ?

cheers

;)

Well, Unfortunately I'm limited to 2.4 on the ABIT because it won't push voltages over 1.625. On the Gigabyte I'm ROCK stable at 2.61 @ 1.65 volts. (Prime95 torture tested for 12 hours)

It is such a shame for ABIT not to allow anything higher in their BIOS! I know it will go higher, but it just needs more juice.

Tomorrow I am going to try and hit 2.7 on the Gigabyte. I just got my RMA back from newegg on it and have only really played with it for the last day. I feel comfortable with it now as a board, especially with the newly released BIOS from Gigabyte. The BIOS alone fixed a lot of issues and added to the stability.

I'am very happy with my BD7, my 1.6a northwood runs perfect @ 2.2 & all my games work perfect, gigabyte are an ok board as well but they lack all the extra options that the Abit has in the bios, if u just want to run stock speeds then the gigabyte will do ok, but if u want to get the most out of the cpu buy the Abit mobo.

not true..

Not true..

I have both the Abit BD7 and the GigaByte GA-8IRXP (both running 1.8a's and 512 MB Kingmax PC2700)...And my Giga-Byte is a better performer all around and has more BIOS options than the Abit. The Abit is solid, but not stellar.

The biggest achilles heal of the Abit is the limit in the voltage selection. The Gigabyte goes up to 1.85 if you so choose. While you can lock the PCI to 33mhz on the Abit, the Gigabyte has more dividers and options with the memory.

The recent release of the f6 bios by Gigabyte shows their dedication in taking the crown for the 845D boards. All issues as far I can tell have been resolved. The Abit still has the random rebooting issue and they haven't released a new BIOS since December of last year.

As Far as hardware goes...

The Gigabyte also gives you:

- onboard Creative 128 voice sound (Abit-AC97)
- USB 2.0..8 total ports 4USB 2.0/ 4 USB 1.1 (Abit 3 USB 1.1)
- Promise IDE RAID (Abit Highpoint RAID)

I have nothing against Gigabyte boards in fact i used to have some & didn't have any probs but since moving to Abit I found Abit has more options with the soft menu's, I have had an BP6 & KA7 Abit board which worked great & still have an KT7-Raid as well as my BD7 which both have heaps of options, but my fav option has to be the Fixed PCI option on my BD7 which makes clocking by fsb that much better, also there is a beta bios out which gives u higher volts for the BD7 I haven't bothered to use it cause running 2.2 is fine for me.

Back