• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this look for my OCZ 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

First can you see this image?
And does it look ok for my puter?

Last edited:
OCZ

I can get 2300-something/ 2200-something at only 150 FSB with my single 256 stick of OCZ PC2700 on an AK35GTR w/ XP1600+....

What are your memory timings set at in your bios? You should be getting higher scores at 157 FSB.

2.5-3-6-3
Fast Command is disabled.

T1 command is disabled.

This is the only way it will run stable:(

You should ditch that OCZ stuff and get yerself some Corsair RAM.

This is 2 x 512Mb of Corsair PC2700 XMS RAM.

It's running @ 340Mhz, 2-3-3-6, 2.5volts.

Ran Memtest 86 looped for 10hrs with zero errors.

2.3Ghz340MhzMem.jpg

mem timings

Dave65 said:
2.5-3-6-3
Fast Command is disabled.
T1 command is disabled.
This is the only way it will run stable:(

I also use 2T command rate although it works at 1T. Better to be safe though... Do you have bank interleave? I switch to cas 2.5 when trying for more FSB, but that doesn't do anything for me, cuz its PCI stuff outta spec that can't take the speed.

my settings: cas 2, 4-way bank interleave, 2, 5, 2, 4 queue depth, 2t command rate. 300MHz DDR 2.7v

Yes, these sticks should go higher, but my HDD and Nic bug out above 150FSB.

Corsair is good stuff. You might also thry Kingmax. Here is a shot of my box with a mild overclock. I think my 1.8a was at 2.25 during this run of Sandra. Come to think of it, I should run this at 2.52...

Yes I have bank interleave.
I know OCZ sucks,but I am trying to get by til I get some Kingmax or Crutial..

ddr prices

OCZ and Kingmax cost about the same, maybe a few dollars more for Kingmax... Corsair is at least +$20 if not more. Crucial hasn't released any PC2700 yet as far as I know, and of course almost any PC2100 is less expensive than PC2400 or PC2700.

I got my stick of OCZ for $69 a few months ago with a Thermaltake heatspreader tossed in for free. But prices have gone up since then. It hits 300Mhz with cas 2 and mean timings no problem... and I'm sure I could get it higher by tweaking the settings and removing my NIC. But my next stick will be Kingmax anyway, if for nothing more than the hype.

Arkaine23,What do you mean when you say removing your NIC,what is that and what does it do?
Sorry for the stupid question,still learning:)

Dave65 said:
Arkaine23,What do you mean when you say removing your NIC,what is that and what does it do?
Sorry for the stupid question,still learning:)

Lots of NIC are bottleneck's toward overclocking because, they don't like the high FSB's. So by taking that out, you'll see where you can get without it.

Yodums

Interesting, I never thought of taking out all of the extra non-essential hardware out to see how high you can max out. Whats good NIC that can put up with what you throw at it?

nic

Someone recommended D-link to me... IBM too... I've got a Realtek (given to me for free)right now and it freezes windows at 154 fsb, and starts causing instability around 150. I've also got a usb card and some hubs I should yank to see how high I can get this PC. I've got different ide channels to check out... one is on a Highpoint 133 controller and the other is the motherboard's regular ata 100 channel. Then there's onboard sound vs my soundcard. So many things I need to test out, and all I really want is to get 1600-1650 stable....

But back to memory... I'm pretty sure this OCZ can handle the low 150 range at tweaked timings. But when I tried 154 I got corrupted files, so I'm hoping if I go to cas 2.5 that'll solve that problem. I really would hate it if my brand new HDD couldn't take the FSB.

rivercom9 said:
Interesting, I never thought of taking out all of the extra non-essential hardware out to see how high you can max out. Whats good NIC that can put up with what you throw at it?

Here are the brands I know are definitely going to take it:

Intel and 3com

My D-Link has been good to 171 fsb as well, but I don't know about it overall!

Yodums

Back