• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Price trend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Super cheap then bro.
I should've took advantage of it too.
I remembered seeing/purchasing a few sticks of 128mb pc133 micron sdrams for $12-$14 at pc shows.
Even bought a generic pc133 512mb stick for frys for $32.
the good ol' days.

DDr prices were much lower then too.. damn, damn, damn....
:mad: :mad:

as far as prices will go, i think it'll stay this way for quite some time. I've waited for prices to drop for the past 3 months now but it hardly budged.

Bought 2 sticks 256 micron ddr last summer for 54$. Am now shopping for 512 corsair pc2400 (or 2700 if price is right) for my new setup. Its like playing the stk mkt, watching every day on price watch. Trend is down right now, but a smart guy will be ready to order at the right moment.

I remember those low RAM prices and thinking that I didn't need any.

So much for my smarts. ;-) Maybe THAT's why I'm not in the stock market.

chuckerants said:
Damn. Someone said they bought DDR @ $25 last Nov? DAmn, damn, dam. :confused: :( :( :(

LMAO! well actually kicking myself for not grabbing the other two sticks of Crucial that they had at BB. oh well! I think until Intel stops using ddr and the video card companies are doing it too. price is 96bucks today.

My local computer shop/ LAN gaming centre were selling 256 PC133 for £36 last november and that id high street prices! now your looking at £56 minamum online. Still i remeber the same thing happening in 2000 and the prices dropped again.......the question is can you wait for the bargain or must you have it now?

Anyone thought of dealing in RAM like stocks and shares? I recon you make a fortune being a market annalyist!

Back