• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SyncMax RDRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthew A.

Registered
I have two Samsung 128meg x8 x16 RDRAM DIMMS that are rated as CL2-2 upto 411mhz

And two SyncMax 128meg x8 x16 RDRAM DIMMS also rated as CL2-2 upto 411mhz. Yet they are also rated as CL2-2 upto 300mhz. or a total of 512 megs of ram.

Combining both the Samsung and the SyncMax ram for a total of 512 megs of ram

I here that the Samsung ram is one of the better RDRAM manufacturers. My question is why the SyncMax ram that I listed above is also rated @ CL2-2 upto 300mhz. Is it PC600 ram that happens to run at PC800 ram speeds.

Also, when installing 4 sticks of 128 meg RDRAM in a P4T-E mobo is it best to install the better ram in the same bank, bank 1 both A and B or would it be better to use one of the higher quality sticks in say bank 1, A and the the other same quality ram in say bank 2, A. With the other lower quality ram occupying both the B positions in both banks 1 and 2

Back