• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II-raid PC Health Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Showlow

Registered
I just got my new system up and running and went in to the PC-health menu to check temperatures. The CPU and system temperatures keep changing all the time jumping from one temperature to another. CPU goes from 33 C to 45 to 37 to 43 etc etc. The number changes about every two seconds. Same thing happens with system1 temperature (changes between 28-35). The system2 temperature shows about -30 C... which it is certainly not......
This is my first motherboard with system monitoring, so I don't quite know what to expect, but something is not right. Anyone got any ideas or should I email abit support?

1.8A on TH7II-RAID
BIOS 38
stock HS & Fan, 4 case-fans

Showlow,

See if your heat sinks are set right?
I'm sure you tried this already...

Did you have to update the stock Bios "Via Flash" when you installed that 1.8?
I'm orderd the same setup as yours & wondering if I'll have a problem with the install of the 1.8 NW

:burn:

I got the motherboard from newegg a week ago and it came with the latest BIOS (38). If the heatsink wasn't on right, wouldn't my highest temperature reported be higher than 45? This also wouldn't explain the below freezing on the system temp.

It's normal for the temps and voltage to fluctuate somewhat, although yours seems to be a little more jumpy than typical. It does not monitor constantly, but rather it updates the readings every second or two.

what do you mean your temperatures change all the time?
is it every few minutes, which is ok, or every few seconds

Cooler666 said:
what do you mean your temperatures change all the time?
is it every few minutes, which is ok, or every few seconds
It's every few seconds. CPU for instance shows 40C, next reading two seconds later shows 33C, yet another two seconds later it shows 45C etc etc. No consistency what so ever.

I just noticed that the same thing is going on with the other variables as well (voltages etc). Vcore for instance jumps randomly between 1.39 and 1.52.
BTW, I have a 420W power supply

For the system2 temperature, there is a external sensor, which comes with your mainboard. Perhaps, when it is not attached, it brings -30°.

StilgarRS said:
For the system2 temperature, there is a external sensor, which comes with your mainboard. Perhaps, when it is not attached, it brings -30°.

:)) Connecting the sensor solved that problem :) I had completely forgot about that one. This temperature reading from this sensor doesn't seem to fluctuate as much as the rest of them(between 22-24C).

I just talked to Abit support and they didn't really know why this was happening either. They suggested that perhaps there was something wrong with the powersupply or the motherboard itself.
I thought that the Vcore is controlled by the motherboard, so this shouldn't fluctuate as long as it is enough power to run it (?). It still randomly fluctuates between 1.37 and 1.55.
I have also noted that when the Vcore is in the upper end of the scale the CPU temperature seems to be on the upper end as well. But as I said earlier, everything jumps up and down every second.
I really don't know what to do right now. Buy a new powersupply and see if it takes care of the problem? As things are right now it is impossible to overclock since I can't get a correct reading of anything.

Back