• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1,6A+TH7 II =Overcloking disaster !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dankal

Registered
I was quietly enjoying my new system since october , PIV 1,5 G+ TH7 II . I was only getting 1,71 G@110x4 of this PIV but that was fast enough for most of the work i did .
But after reading all those OC forums with people reaching speed of lightning with their northwood 1,6 or more , reaching 2,4 or more with air cooling ,it gave me bad itching of frustrated overclocker specially when people discribed the 1,6A as the new cel 300A ,i kept one of those almost 2 years with my BH6 !
Well i got this 1,6 A and at max voltage of bios 38 (1,625v =1,49v real!) i just got 1760@110x4 .So no problemo ,i flashed hacked bios 77 and well ; ALL I GOT IS 1815@115X4 at max voltage (1,85= 1,7 ), so this not really what i expected ! It might probably need some burning in , but this limit is definivly cpu 's fault because i tried also with Ram@x3 and it didn't change ;
i REACHED 1890 MHZ with the 1,5 Willamette with ram@125x3 !
The FIX option on my TH7 II dont work ,neither the 2/4 option so i wont be able to stay safely above 120 fsb because video and HD wont appreciate but i was hoping to reach at least 2G , my only chance would be to reach 133 fsb with the predeterminated speed of 2133 but i'm far from it , the cpu temp is 45 idling and 56 full load with a heasink Coolermaster , an alu case (Lian Li PC 69 )with 2 80 mm fan in front , 2 for exhaust PSU Enermax 350 WITH 2 FANS ALSO , all this is loud and not very cool !

At max vcore, look in the health monitoring section in bios and see what your voltages are and compare them to stock voltage readings. It's possible your PSU is dropping low on the 12v line or the mem voltage is dropping when upping the vcore. Your temps might go lower if you try reseating the HS with a very thin layer of arctic silverIII. Looks like the case cooling is good although a side blowhole fan would really really help.

Back