• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Tusl2-C Cold Boot annoying me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Ok mates, there has to be a way to get this motherboard to just plain boot to windows without going to my BIOS every time I cold boot. Of course it works fine at default clock but im NOT going to run at default anything, hehe.

Has anyone found a way to fix this rather annoying problem?

Thanks everyone!

Cheers

I had the same problem with my P3V4X... had to do with the voltage I guess. Seems the the voltage wasn't changed (on a cold boot) until AFTER post... I could restart the comp no problem... but shutting down and powering back up was a pain. I did the vid pin wire trick by dropping a strand of copper wire from a speaker wire into the corresponding socket holes giving me a default vcore of 1.95... I actually only needed 1.85 but I decided to go with 1.95 so I can somewhat burn in with hopes of reaching 133 FSB. My advice would also be to do the wire trick... make your new default whatever you need for your overclock... like if you need 1.90 to run your overclock stable... make that your new default. Good luck bro.

with the TUSL-2C its an 815E chipset issue where it initializes at default voltage of the CPU then once the bios initializes it changes to the voltage set in bios. Vidpinning simply tricks the mobo into thinking the CPU has a higher default voltage

I had the same problem with my daughters system. While I do not remember what fixed it exactly. I did do:

1) updated the bios to the latest from Asus.
2) enabled plug-n-play OS in the bios.
3) moved the SoundBlaster Live card to a different slot.

Since these changes, it has never happened again.

Toast

Back