• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I get scammed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

airw0lf

Registered
I ordered a pair of 256mb Kingmax pc150 tiny-bga sticks from www.buyaib.com. I just got them today but when I looked closer, it says on the chips "KTI" and the labelling says PC133. Did they just sell me the Kingmax pc133 sticks that can be overclocked to 150?

Seems to me that if they are 150's they should say 150. Have you contacted the buyaib.com? If at all possible I'd call them rather than email. E-mails are easier to ignore, and calling usually tells them you mean business.:eek:

i wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. it could be a mistake and they might be will to replace them without any trouble.

unlike some places that won't even ship what you order atleast you got a package close to what you wanted and it is very easy to make a mistake anyways if you hire a new worker.

wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. it could be a mistake and they might be will to replace them without any trouble.

I agree with this, I was in a hurry when I posted earlier and could have taken more time to explain myself. My Bad.:eek:

First: Do call them, especially if you are in a hurry, but be polite. Explain the situation. If they are a company that cares about their customers, then you'll get better results.

You get more flies with honey? I think is how the old man use to put it.:D

Well, I put them in anyway. They seem to be stable running CAS2 at 150 mhz fsb, so maybe I don't have to return them after all. Played Quake 3 all night without a glitch.

I posted this question hoping that someone who bought Kingmax pc150 memory could tell me if theirs say "KTI" on the chip (not "Kingmax" as pictured on the Kingmax website) and if the label on their memory says pc150 and not pc133.

Email Kingmax asking what the codes on their chip are and saying that your chip may not be Kingmax but you bought it..

Hmm.. But it's running well so I probably wouldn't go threw all that hassle to get another stick.

Well, i havent run across any pc133 chips that wont do 150mhz, my understanding is that pc150 is rated for 150mhz and can go higher, just like pc2700 ddr is rated for 333mhz but can go higher, have you tried pushing it further than 150mhz? and from what i saw, i thought thier chips had their name on each individual chip, though i could easily be wrong.

I got some Kingmax PC150 that I've had for a almost a year. I only recently got a cpu capable of pushing 150, and the ram is crapping out. I know it's the ram, because when I set dividers at 4:3:1, I could get the system to 166. At 4:4:1, the damn RAM wouldn't go much past 143.
I would RMA it, because the stuff has "lifetime warranty", but the retailer I bought it from went under, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

Who makes SDRAM that will run 166? Preferably at 222 timings.

I got a stick of pc-150 kingmax and it says pc-150 on the sticker.
I'd call them and find out what is going on.

150fsb

The first memory I ever got was crucial pc-100. It was among the first pc-100 memorys ever to come to the shops and it would do 150 at cas2. Seems a bit strange if 4-5 years later others can't do the same?

well maybe todays dims are rigged against o/cers like us :)

and to the original question my response is ever heard of them screwing up mixing pics? if you actually get bad dims jus return them?

Just an update for this thread:

I checked the kingmax website for the official specs on their PC150 ram and the only difference I saw is that the PC150 runs at -6.6 ns and the regular PC133's run at -7.5 ns. I took a closer look at the "pc133" sticks that I got from them and they had "KTI -6" labelled on them, so I'm assuming they should perform to par as the PC150's.

Well, I put them in last week and it looks like they're running pretty well at 2-2-2 at 145 mhz. If I go any higher than 145 up to 155, I have to run them at 3-2-3 to make it stable (which is the recommended setting/rating from kingmax). So, I guess I won't have to return them afterall.

If anyone out there has PC150 sticks from Kingmax, I would love to know if your chips say -6 on them too. Thanks!

Back