• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron vs Infineon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cardoe

Registered
Which RAM does everyone think is better? I have an ABIT VP6.

MICRON 256MB DIMM SDRAM PC133 CL2 (7.5 ns)

or

INFINEON 256MB PC133 7NS CAS2 SDRAM

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Uh . . . Infineon is produced by Micron. Its basically the same RAM. Go w/ the 7ns stuff though. You'll get a higher overclock out of it.

I thought Infenion was a rebranded Siemens chip (at least that is was a sales guy once told me).

Infineon is not Crucial. They make their own chips. They're a European company.

Oni said:
Uh . . . Infineon is produced by Micron. Its basically the same RAM. Go w/ the 7ns stuff though. You'll get a higher overclock out of it.

Seriously not. Micron is not affiliated with infineon in ANY way.

If you want to overclock, go with micron. Infineon are good quality, but very bad overclockers. That's a fact.

I'd have to agree with the statement that Infineon isn't good OCing RAM. I had 2 sticks of Crucial 512Mb RAm with Infineon chips on them that wouldn't go past 305Mhz, no matter how conservative I ran them. My other Crucial (256Mb sticks) with Micron chips will do 333+ Mhz at CAS2.5, 2.7v.

Back