• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low HD benchmark on BP6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonko The Sane

I have a 60GB 7200 rpm maxtor that I'm using with my BP6. when i put it on the built in highpoint 366 controler, I get a sandra drive index of about 8900, but if I put it on the onboard controler it scores about 18000. I've read that the 1.25 bios and the 1.25 driver work well together, so that's what I've been using. any sugestions would be most helpful. thanks in advance.

Sandra is a terrible hard drives benchmarking utility. Different results every time.

Use either HDTach or Winbench. Sandra will drive you nuts thinking your hard drive is slow.

If you still want to improve the Sandra results, defrag whether needed or not, reboot, kill any background apps and then run it. You will be at around 25000.

thanks, i'll try those benchmarks and see what happens. I don't think i'll get 25000 on my onboard controler (its ata 33) maybe on the ata66 (hpt 366).

Back