• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6VBA133, PIII 750, & FSB of more than 122

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlyAR

I'm dealing with a SY 6VBA133 and a PIII 750 (100Mhz FSB), and trying to overclock it beyond 915MHz (122FSB).

The problem is that I cannot to that without changing the jumpers of the mobo, and when I do that, it stops working. No boot, no nathing, just beeps (one long, one short, and so on).

Does anybody knows how to make it work? It seems I'm loosing something.

Thanks.

Charly.

at 122 mhz, your PCI is approaching almost 41mhz. Anything above 40 and PCI cards can start acting up...some of the SB Live's even start emitting horribly high pitched sounds...and hard drives like to lose data at speeds greater than 41.5. I'd dare say unless you can make the jump to 133mhz (at which point your PCI divider should change from 1/3 to 1/4), you may be out of luck. I don't believe the 750 is a real great chip for overclocking anyways.....if you could find a 700e floating around those love 150+mhz FSB.

The mobo changes the PCI so it stays between 30 and 41 mhz, so the idea was to change the FSB.

The mobo has some jumpers that change the FSB to 66, 100 or 133, and then you can change it +- 22Mhz in the BIOS.

The fact is that I haven't been able to change it.

Thanks anyway.

PIII700 soyo 6vba133 @867

I have the same prob.
I can't select 133 bootup by jumper(124@155). i would like to have an acces to this frequency...!!!!!
I set the jumper for boot up at 133 the bios check the pin B21(133/100) and the pin A14(66/100) pin and the system not boot.
I try to mask these pins with tape ...i have the checksum error at boot.

My cpu is PIII700 fsb 100 slot 1. HSF:Globalwin W032
I try CPUfsb and softfsb and over 124mhz the system freeze.

help me.

Sorry for my english i'm french canadian

Think you cannot just 'mask' the pins, but you have to tell the CPU that is working at certain speed.

Think that's the problem: when the motherboard boots, it tells the cpu that is running at 100MHz of FSB, and then, a few moment later, it changes it to the speed that we selected.
But when we try to change the pins so we have 124~155, the mobo tells the cpu that the FSB speed is 133MHz! So, it says "NO WAY". :(

For that reason, when you use some slocket adaptors WITH switches, you can overclock the speed of your cpu much more, because the slocket 'tells' the cpu that is running always at certain FSB speed.

PS: No problem, I speak spanish, so I don't speak/write english so much better. ;)

Chiao.

I have the same prob with this MOBO. I just killed my CPU so I unloaded the board. I could NEVER boot with 133 jumper selected. I called Soyo support and got some run around. The board clocked great up to 122 but nada after that. I know other boards with the via set that will work. Must be something inherent to Soyo. Bottom line. Get a new PCB.....:D

Could it be that 133fsb is just too high for the cpu to handle? Have you tried 133 fsb on a different board to see if the chip can even handle that high of a fsb? Do you have good enough cooling to overcome the initial heat up of the processor to get it to post at 133fsb? That is quite a jump in mhz for the processor to handle. I agree also with the guy that said that 122 fsb is quite a hit on the other components too. Good luck with your OC though, maybe I am wrong with my assumption.

The thing is, once you set the jumper to 133 you can still go into the bios and back it down to (if mem serves here) 124 range. This should be attainable on a PIII700 E type processor. This is according to the book. I have never seen this myself as it will not post. I had a dual 30 CFM fan and HS on my PIII. Heat was not an issue.

"NO WAY".

Well, maybe the 133 is "NO WAY". as said before... Try to put 122-124fsb in the bios while still with 100-124 jumper setting.. It will change but only in the bios, until you change the jumper, than, after that (the pc should still be working) change to the 133-155 jumper mode.. Try doing it at the highest vcore possible, the best cooling possible (open case if necessary), set ram lower and even HD to pio mode if that´s the case... If the cpu realy have the juice inside to hit the 133 it should work...
I´m using this board with a cel600@990 and wondering try a tualatin... Never seen anyone using that setup, but saw with 7vca wich actualy runs the 694x not the 693 like 6vba133... My complaint about this mobo is not doing 4way interleaving stable.. :mad: Just the bios settings (i´ts not the ram, micro bga tonicon, couse it does at any speed... and ram)...

Maybe try a burn in before.... Sometimes i helps getting stable at a higher speed with lower vcore... Maybe set it to 66fsdb at max vcore and run cpuburn + another heavy think togheter :)
Good luck

The deal is, the system will ALWAYS boot the CPU at it's default multiplier x it's default FSB. If the FSB jumper is set to 133, your default is 133. Your chip just can't handle running at 133FSB for those few second before it hands speed control off to BIOS.

Like, during those few seconds where you can see you video card BIOS screen- your chip has to run at 7.5 x 133 until you see the BIOS loader screen

The only way around this is to get a chip that can run at it's default multi x 133, or get a motherboard that does it's FSB switching from 100 to 133mhz FSB ranges all in BIOS. ALL mobos that use a FSB range selection jumper will have this problem.

Back