• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DManeKid

please help i want a quick answer

do you suggest just 1 128mb at 133 or 2 128mb 1 at 133 and the other at 100 will the gain in mb's be worth being at 100? i think it will but what do you think?

Last edited:
it does a little folding...it is used by the whole family...office, online, gaming that it can handle now, other minor things

come on i want to know fast

Last edited:
well i did it and it seems ok i didnt do any tests but it seemed to start up slower is this bc of the mhz drop?

no oc running win me havent done any cleaning or defragging in a while im gunna do a disk cleanup as soon as i post this

2 min later---ha 123+mb of temp internet files

Well, if it's very light gaming and just general use, including folding, I would stick with 128MB at 133MHz. That should be enough to handle those uses and the extra memory bandwidth is hard to do without.

It may slow down a little if you try to play more recent and very graphic intensive games, but older ones should present very little problem. Afterall, most games are still geared to be compatible with that much memory and type PC. Doesn't mean you'll get blazing FPS but it will be playable.

well jon what usually gets played on this computer is age of empires II, red alert 2 yuri's revenge, and i play ut...i struggle at 17-18 fps with everything turned to low and at 800x600...but with more ram in it is at 20 fps...sad i know...also with the additional ram in it still says that i only have 50mb of ram free at almost idle so i dont know what is up there

Back