• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i change socket to be better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

since my bios is socketed does this mean that i can upgrade to a better bios with more option or it just mean that if my bios is fu**ed i can change the chip to solve my problem

this i know but

since i already have the latest bios what i was wondering is since the bios chip is socketed and can be pull out can it be replaced with one with more option or the chip as nothing to do with it, is it the rom file that gives new optin to your bios by giving it new instruction

Sorry, the BIOS is motherboard specific. They are written for the specific hardware on each board. I have heard of people flashing the BIOS for another board made by the same manufacturer that was very similar and being able to make it work. But such situations are very rare, and trying to do something like that would be very risky and time consuming. Most likely result of flashing your chip with an incorrect BIOS would be a dead board, rather than one that works better! Just save your money until you can get the board with the functions that you want.

Back