• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II and 1.6a Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bananaskin

Registered
Just recently bought a TH7-II R and a 1.6a, 2x256 PC800 Samsung.. built the system and low and behold... error 29 on the display. Just sits there, no beeps, squeeks or pops. I am told that the prob could possibly be that the boards bios version does not support the Northwood (ie does not recognise the 512k cache). Can anyone verify this fact ???

Cheers.

ABIT VP6 2 x P3 700@933, 160Gb HD, 640Mb Ram

oh, i've forgotten, somewhere here in the forum is discribed, howit goes, something with the dip-switch on your board, i think.

You sure about the dip switches, surely they are only for certain settings on the motherboard, I believe the only solution is the bios update. But seeing as the board will not boot due to the chip, I am going to have to either get the loan of a 256k cache chip or buy another one with the intention of returning it ;(

with the switches, you can somehow disable that the board set the cpu settings auto. so you are able to somehow boot, so that you can flash the new bios and you don't need an "old" p4 to do so

free solution,
i too and many others had the same problem and abit realizes it now that th7II will not boot with 1.6a without the latest bios, just email abit and tell them the story don't let em make you pay for the bios chip. Ask them to send you one for free. I got it for free.:)

nautikah said:
free solution,
i too and many others had the same problem and abit realizes it now that th7II will not boot with 1.6a without the latest bios, just email abit and tell them the story don't let em make you pay for the bios chip. Ask them to send you one for free. I got it for free.:)

Thanks for that, I will give it a bash... ;) but considering that I am in the UK, it will (if they send it for nothing) take a week or so ;(

They're free solution worked for me. Got my new BIOS chipset and EPROM remover last week.

Back