• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II "screwy raid"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dood_dk

Registered
Here`s the thing..i set up my hpt370 for raid 0 with 2 Seagate Barracuda IV 40 gb drives. All well and good, i could install windows and all that but my problem is this. The array shows up as a 76gb drive and they only show as ata66. I`ve used Seagate`s tool to determine how the drives are set up and that says ata100, the highpoint setup says udma4 (ata66) and won`t let me change to udma5 (ata100). The highpoint utility in windows says the same. Add to that my lousy benchmark scores and i would say something is definately wrong.....any ideas?
D.

I can only say, that the Barracudas have always problems with raid. I´ve never heard of a raid-system that runs fine with Barracuda IV hdd´s.
Sorry

They ran fine off a promise controller on a P3TDDE so i dont think its the drives,
D.

I have an ABIT TH7II RAID on RAID 0 with a seagate IV (60GB) and an IBM GXP60 and it works fine for me being recognised as over 114 GB in Win XP

Help,I have the same problem on my Bd7. Bios says in configuration for the raid control that DMA can be set for 100 but every time I enter it it won't enter anything higher than udma 4 (66). Same problem in windows with raid administrator,says set to DMA 100 and reboot,but everytime settings remain at ata 66
what gives????:eek:

Back