• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DDR memory to buy from Newegg??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakman8

Will be placing a big order from Newegg this week. Have been trying to decide which brand of 256 DDR PC2100-2700 to purchase for my new system. Which has the best value? Been leaning towards Samsung. But the OCZ looks good also. Then there's always Crucial. Decesions,decesions!!

Help!!

ddr

Except Kingmax is always out of stock at Newegg. Some1 complained about this vendor taking too long to ship an order, but they have a good selection of DDr: www.componentauthority.com

I bought my OCZ PC2700 from them a few months ago for $69 + shipping and they threw in the TT ramspreader for free. Too bad prices on memory have gone up so much...

BTW, I'd go with Kingmax over OCZ... not that I'm complaining about my own memory stick, but Kingmax doesn't really cost much more, and its 5ns, not 6ns like OCZ. Corsiar's PC2700 is rated for cas2!

i dont know about pc 2100 but for pc2700 im buying corsair for my system and so should you its well worth the dough although its more economical to buy 1 dim of 512 for 206 than 2 dims of 256 at 137 a piece. BTW Corsair pc2700 is the only ddr pc2700 that is rated at CAS 2.0 (fast as hell) and has nice heatspreaders.

If you've got the money to spend, go with Corsair PC2700. If you're short on money, get Kingmax PC2700.

As luck would have it, the Kingmax JUST got back ins tock this afternoon.

Went with Samsung

Ordered the samsung PC2700 from Newegg. It looked okay for the price. Probally not as good as the Corsair or Kingmax though.

Any place better than Newegg???

My order is on the way from Newegg. Really fast shipping.
They seem to have great prices and low combined shipping costs.
Has anyone found a better place to shop than Newegg?
They seem to be really good overall.

Corsair :D

I already have a stick of 256Mb Corsair 2700, but I want to bump it up to 512Mb. I was thinking of using a stcik of 2400 corsair with the 2700 I have, are there any disadvantages of doing this? Should I stick with the 2700 all the way? And there both CAS2 right? ...Just thinking of the cash, but if its going to make a difference I'll pay!

You will be limited to the performance of the lowest rated stick.(as strong as the weakest link type deal).

I like my Crucial PC2100, it's good to me.
it's also very stable.

plus, i don't have the money to get a gig or two of pc2700 RAM. I don't know about you...

If it's speed pick Corsair. If it's stability pick Corsair. If it's money buy something later and use the money for some Corsair. Remember that you can only use two sticks of 2700 so buy a 512, and leave a slot for your next 512.

only 2!?

SNIPER1M said:
If it's speed pick Corsair. If it's stability pick Corsair. If it's money buy something later and use the money for some Corsair. Remember that you can only use two sticks of 2700 so buy a 512, and leave a slot for your next 512.

I have a stick of corsair 256Mb 2700 memmory, but will this mean I can only have 1 more stick of 2700 or 2400 in my system!?

Re: only 2!?

ltww said:

I have a stick of corsair 256Mb 2700 memmory, but will this mean I can only have 1 more stick of 2700 or 2400 in my system!?

Most of that will vary as to what your motherboard can handle. Odds are if its a newer board you will be able to handle more than just 1gig of ram... more than likely.... Now as far as PC2400 or PC2700, I would stick with what you have, ie if you have 2400 get more 2400 - if you have 2700 get more 2700... The biggest thing there is if you mix the 2 you will be stuck running at the slowers speed. ie - if you have a 2700 and a 2400 you will be stuck running at the 2400 speed.

Does the Corsair have 5ns chips? Does Corsair come with a decent heat spreader?

i don't know about what ns the memory is, but it does come with some pretty cool looking black heat spreaders and its the only ddr memory i've seen that is cas 2!

Back