• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naaru

I am planning to buy a 256 MB 133 MHz SDRAM. I found that the price has increased 4 folds in the past 6 to 7 months. PNY nows costs around $60 with rebates where in I could have got the same for as much $15 r $20 on my lucky day last fall.

My question is..Shd I wait for some more time to see whether the price will come down ? Or shd I go ahead and buy the RAM now ? My machine is slow after installing XP, but I can manage for another month or two.

Any help will be apprecaited.

Pricewatch silly!!!

I'm looking at generic PC133 mem on http://www.pricewatch.com/
as I type. 256mb@38 bux and dropping. :D However I got lucky and got 512 mb@27 bux in september '01. My boss tells me that the semiconductor industry (the people who make memory, also the people that sign my paychecks) runs on a 3 year cycle so you might be waiting longer than a couple of months for that golden day to arive. BTW, even though its generic mem it's handled all my overclocking blunders since then and it still rocks!

Back