• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would I be able to overclock my DELL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

Is it possible? I have an Old PII 300 mhz Dell that I want to have some fun with. But Dell has locked everything. How can I unlock it so I can oc it a little?

Yes, Dell locks everything. They use Intel-brand motherboards which makes matters worse, too. The only hope for your system may be that it might have a jumper on it to run 100MHz FSB, but only do that if you have good cooling. Somewhere there's a mod to run a slot processor at 100MHz FSB but I don't seem to remember where it is... With a Dell, those are probably your only two options.

Last edited:
i know that compaq computer to enter the bios is a different key now "del" but don't know if it the same as with dells (i some HP's are the same aswell)

A few P2 300's were multiplier unlocked...my buddy had one and it was a Dell too. I got it to 333 by increasing the multiplier a notch.

Other than that your mobo probly tops out at 333

Back