• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Memory go bad? 256MB Crucial PC2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuthouse

Registered
I have been using 2 stick of 256MB Crucial PC2100 non buffered, non ecc. ALl of a sudden I had a ton of problems with my system, and I was surprised that one of the sticks of memory was the problem. My question is, does memory just go bad after a while? I hope I don't have to pay the difference when I RMA the stick of memory, because the price has doubled since when I bought my memory. I'll let ya know if crucial is nice and just lets me exchange my memory @ no charge or not.

-Nuthouse

I think the majority of memory has a lifetime warranty against it. I would imagine they would be happy to return it for you. Just as long as it wasn't an overclocking 'accident' there shouldn't be problem.

Nice, yeah I hope I don't have any problems. after I get all my hardware problems sorted out I can start to Mod and OC :D

Crucial is great :) Took about 10 mins of my time and I'm good to go with a new stick of ram. hehehe I am lucky that all of my RMA experiences have been good so far. I've had to return my Hercules Game Theater XP 2 times now because the minijack port for the front left speaker didn't work:mad:, but the RMA service is GREAT! Anywho that story is for another day. :)

Back