• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Location of Winbond thermal sensors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ucfswimmer

I have a Gigabyte GABX7 mobo and am using MBM5 to check temps...i have 3 different sensors available...winbond 1, winbond 2 and winbond 3..they are showing temps of 41C, 27C, 73C respectively...thats with a celeron 800 OC'ed to 992, stock cooling and only 1 exhaust fan...obviously 1 of those temps needs to come down but i have no idea where its coming from, any ideas? thanks...

~jeff~

i would say the 27 is the case and the 41 is the proc and the 71 is just there.

well upon the highly scientific "finger inspection" of my computer...the HSF over my CPU is warm but not burning hot anywhere...the case isnt that warm either....however the biggest heat elements are 1) the HS on my vanta vid card which has been oc'd from a stock speed of 100/110 to a speed of 140/166...which is burning hot to the touch...and the HS over my northbridge which again has been been oc'f from a FSB of 100 to a FSB of 124...it too is damn hot...now if i only knew if that winbond 3 sensor was somewhere near the northbridge id feel more secure with the temp readings...

~jeff~

i have the manual, no mention of any winbond thermal sensors, however i can monitor the cpu temp in the bios...the tmep there appears to be closest to the 40C temp...now what about the the one thats near 30C and the one thats near 73C??? no luck on gigabyte's website either...

~jeff~

The one that is 30c is probably your system temp and the 73c really goes to nothing and is just an incorrect setting with mbm. Just select none for that sensor. You can go to mbm's web site and in the FAQ you can find out which sensors are cpu or system.

thanks i actually found that answer in someone else's post and di that..they only have listings for sensor 1 and sensor 2 as being the cpu temp and system temp respectively...nothing for the 3rd winbond sensor..however after changing my fsb from 124 to 133..the mysterious 3rd sensor has risen from an avg of 72C to a now much hotter 74C...so im kind of worried that this is for real..and if it is i really want to know where so i can cool any. any more advice?

~jeff~

Back