• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S333 temp monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgunthert

Registered
New board but the mobo and CPU probes don't seem to be working. Using the probe tool under XP, the mobo is always at 32C and the cpu is at 40C. Doesn't matter if it's idle or under full load using Sandra. Anyone got any ideas what I can check?

Same problem here

I've noticed the same thing when using Asus Probe. When I look at the temp monitors in the bios, they appear to be working correctly. I also noticed that in XP the Asus Probe window does not display correctly and there is no way to resize it. I think this problem may be that the Asus apps don't work with Windows XP.

Has anyone tried them with 98/ME/NT/2000?

I've rebuilt the system with win98 and the damn thing still shows 40 and 32. What the hell? The BIOS monitor seems to be working. Why can't they get their own damn utility to read it correctly? By the way, when I try MBM, I can only monitor one probe and it reads 51C. Argh.

I've got the mATX version and mine will read the MB temp just fine. The CPU temp will not read below 40, but it will read above 40. Using the latest version of Probe - 2.16?.

Now that may be it. I'm running the stock HSF with AS 2, but I haven't overclocked at all yet. Wanted to get the temps baselined first. Kind of scary to start cranking up the FSB without knowing if the temp monitor is going to work or not, though.

I allso have that problem in Win2K and i use Asus Probe 2.16 and it shows that my CPU Temp is 40 celcius and my Board is 25 celcius in idle and in full load my CPU rise to 43-45 celcius and in Bios my CPU Temp. is 35 idle and Board Temp is 25 celcius and mine is OC from 1800MHz to 2400 Mhz with Stock Heatsink

So I think that the probe not can show temps below 40 on CPU or can it?

mine once worked 23c now i see 40c all the time after i played with its insides i think its poorly made...

Is their anything that will work for this board? I had same 40* problem with the Asus probe. Asus probe blows it didnt work on my P4T-E either. In my BIOS im running around 32*c after running seti for a couple of hours @ 2400. It sucks having to restart to see temps.

I imagine it is. That chip set is pretty new. I think that when all the programs like sisoft and mbm get updated their will be support for it.

Big Nuttz, You can always get MBM if Asus Probe doesn't work. I had P4S333 Motherboard, and asus probe will always show the CPU temp at 40C if the actual temp is lower than 40c, if you run your system really hot, it goes above 40c, then it will show you the real temp. It was a bug. But the 2.16002 version fixed that problem. Right now i swtiched to P4T-E, personally i think P4T-E is way better than P4S333.

Acctually I bought a P4S333 and was running it to see if I was gonna prefer it over my P4T-E. I decided to stick with the P4T-E for my setup and my kids have the P4S333. I usually use sisoft for my temps and voltages with the P4T-E. The P4S333 is a good board but I prefer Rambus right now. I should have my 1.8a tomorrow. I think with the 1.7 volt mod I should be able to hit a fsb of 140-150. I'm running a 1.6a right now at 140 fsb with stock voltage of 1.5. I cant get above 140 fsb with stock voltage. That was one thing that was nice about the P4S333 you can go to 166 fsb and adjust from 1.5-1.7 through the BIOS. Their also is the jumper to up the core voltage by .2. I'm almost positive my RAM will do 150 with a x3. I had it at 112 x4 which is only 2 mhz lower than 150 x3.

Big Nuttz said:
garrison over at [H]ard forum has this posted and it seems to work.
I tried it and the temps seem to accurate.

Hi there, I just put in a request on another thread about this link, it seems to be broken, is there any way to guide me to it another way. I found an article about it on the asus board the other day with the same link (in the tech support archives) but when I search the asus site I come up empty.
BTW I worked the cpu today till it went up to 42 and that showed on the probe so I guess we are right about it reading anything over 40. I just hate things that only half work:)
Thanks
MikeT

MikeT said:

Hi there, I just put in a request on another thread about this link, it seems to be broken, is there any way to guide me to it another way. I found an article about it on the asus board the other day with the same link (in the tech support archives) but when I search the asus site I come up empty.
BTW I worked the cpu today till it went up to 42 and that showed on the probe so I guess we are right about it reading anything over 40. I just hate things that only half work:)
Thanks
MikeT
Here you go.
*EDIT* The file must be too big. PM me and I can try to email it to you. Its like 3.5MB.

Back