• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an anyone tell me what these numbers mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

Here is the story. despite my better judgement, I bought some ddr memory today from a local vender becasue I expect my new board to be here tommorrow or the next day. If I got some online it would cost a fortune to get it here in time.
I absolutely must get my old board packed and shipped to a guy as soon as I can.

He sold me some PC2100 Micron memory. The guy was a little dweeb and I nearly walked out ****ed but instead I bought the ram anyway.

I didn't ask any specifics on it because he had his head up his #@% and I was tired.

I am not sure what these numbers meant so I thought someone else could point me in the right direction.

this is on the chips:

0150 2-2
46V16M8

this is on the pcb:

powmem

and

zk1024m68j

any ideas?

I do know it is PC2100 266 memory.

If I wasn't in a pinch I would get some online. but I will do that later.

thanks,

Mike

If I were guessing I'd say CAS2 rated PC2100 manufactured by PowMem. although I've never heard of them.

Is there a web address or anything listed on manual/package you received with it?

my receipt has a web address for the business. I am going to check it out next. Far as I can tell it is OEM Case 2.5.

I checked out the Micron web but that didn't completely tell me. or at least it gave me a headache trying to decipher the codes and read the data sheets.

I think I am going to go back tommorrow and get something else or get them to order something else and trade. they have a no refund policy so now Iam stuck dealing with them for the moment.

thanks,
Mike

If it is Micron RAM it will have the emblem imprinted on the chips themselves. Looks sort of like this: mT

Otherwise, it could be anything.

Back