• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do all of the new TH7II-RAIDs come with.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

.....the ICS 9212-03 DRCGs. I am planning on ordering one soon, after I check out a local computer show this weekend and see if i get lucky and get get one with a "13" DRCG, and want to know if there is a possibility I may get one of those crappy CYP DRCGs. I plan on ordering my board from www.mwave.com if I can't find one at the computer show. Thanks.

Well as far as I know only one person so far (on the Anandtech site) claims he has the -13s, but maybe he misread the '0' as '1'?

And he says he got the board from Multiwave (but 1.5 months ago). He said it had the AC97 sound chip. Let us know what you get.

That would be me:) I'll triple check again for you Clevor, because if I am the only one, then something doesn't make sense.

LarryJoe, I've been trying to find an AC97 board to check myself, but here in Japan, all I've seen are the AC2001 boards and every one of them have the -03s (looked at maybe 12). I even checked used boards, but they've all been AC2001. So maybe you're right.

I just ordered a Abit TH7II-Raid from compuplus.com because it went out of stock on newegg.com right before I was about to order it /sigh - where are these numbers printed on the board? I am fully expecting the Abit TH7II-Raid I ordered from compuplus.com to be a old POS version of the Abit TH7II-Raid /ugh

TC just got a new TH7-II the other day and told me it has AC2001, "38" BIOS, and ICS-03 chips. Those ICS-13 DRCG chips must be as rare as hen's teeth. Maybe they are in limited supply and they're holding them back for the new 133 FSB mobos due out later this spring?

AMD_Builder, go look at the pic in this link for info on where the DRCG chips are and then look at the tiny print on top of the chip to identify them. I needed a magnifying glass to read mine.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72797

I just received my Abit TH7II-Raid today - it has ICS 9212DF-03 and 0130 underneath. Is this bad and should I RMA it for a refund and buy a new one from newegg? I plan on doing some heavy duty overclocking with pc800 samsung rdram, p4 1.8a GHz, along with a waterblock to cool it.

It seems like the ICS 9212DF-03 is newest version - other than the possible -13. Also, its not the crappy CYP, am I correct in saying this?

Thanks - please answer soon so I can know what I will be doing with the board.

I'd say that's a keeper. From what I have read the -03s are what most people are getting with the Abit TH7II boards and as long as you get an ICS chip and not those crappy CYP chips you should be fine. As for me, I'm still hoping on scoring one of those rare -13 chips at a local computer show this weekend before I start searching online. :)

FWIW, mine came from Multiwave last week and had the -03 ICS chips. Best FSBs I've seen so far are with Beta Bios 43a: 140 at 4x mode: 560/140 and 165 at 3x mode: 495/165.

Back