• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new Bios chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or you could not pay $20 bucks for what your motherboard mfg will give you for free. Just send them a few emails and in a week you get a new chip. But if it is an emergency then okay, but i think i'd rather wait a week or so and get it for free.

welcome to the forums jmac17. Good link, I've been buying blanks and flashing them myself- quite a pain in the rear:)

How'd you finagle a new BIOS chip, swidey? I've not had much luck getting help from manufacturers...

Monster of Rock said:
welcome to the forums jmac17. Good link, I've been buying blanks and flashing them myself- quite a pain in the rear:)

How'd you finagle a new BIOS chip, swidey? I've not had much luck getting help from manufacturers...

Neither have I. ABit charges $15US for a new chip (the 40 pin DIP kind) so I had a couple of EPROMs programmed myself as backups.

WELCOME jmac!

I just sent Abit tech support an e-mail saying that i couldn't flash my bios. They then proceded to request my address, and send me one for free.:)

this is a quote from my email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can i have your address and i will send the th7ii biso chip to you for free

Best Regards,

Jasmine Chen/BIOS CHIP Dept.
1 (510)623 0500 ext. 114
e-mail: [email protected]

:) :) :p

swidey said:
this is a quote from my email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can i have your address and i will send the th7ii biso chip to you for free

Best Regards,

Jasmine Chen/BIOS CHIP Dept.
1 (510)623 0500 ext. 114
e-mail: [email protected]

:) :) :p

WTF!!!

I got an email from her too asking for $15 USD for a KR7A BIOS chip!

Back