• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P2B-DS questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyler

Registered
Hello,

I have a P2B-DS mobo w/ 2 PII 400mhz procs and some pc100 ram.

I have a fairly new revision of the motherboard (newer than most people's).

I can only get this thing overclocked to 412mhz (this is my first overclocking project). Anyway, I have a few questions.

1) I have pc100 ram, do I need pc133 to get the fsb to run @ 112? Right now at 112, it locks up when Win2k starts up.

2) I can only get a 4.0 multiplier (I have the jumpers set to 4.5), any ideas why I can't get any higher?

3) Are there any tricks for ocing this mobo?

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before. If you'd like, you can just point me to a previous thread.

Thanks everyone,
Tyler

1) I have pc100 ram, do I need pc133 to get the fsb to run @ 112? Right now at 112, it locks up when Win2k starts up.

No, most PC100 will run up to at least 125 MHz since they are composed of 8ns chips (1/8ns = 125 MHz). Your PCI bus goes over 37 MHz at an FSB of 112 MHz which can be too much for some older hard drives or NICs.

2) I can only get a 4.0 multiplier (I have the jumpers set to 4.5), any ideas why I can't get any higher?

The multiplier is locked in your PII 400 so you can't change it. The settings in your BIOS do nothing.

3) Are there any tricks for ocing this mobo?

For any successful O/C, extra core voltage is usually needed and good cooling is essential.

Are there any hidden jumper settings so I can get more than 112mhz FSB? The highest shown in the manual is 112, but I've heard of people getting quite a bit more than that.

Thanks,
Tyler

Back