• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help picking out the correct capacitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Recently purchased a couple used Crossover 27Q monitors, and after a month or so one of the monitors started smoking. I just took it apart yesterday and found a blown/burnt capacitor. I'd like to try to replace the cap to see if it resolves the issue.

OHxzYjv.png

Is a picture of the capacitor/board. The model is P1126 I assume, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I went to digikey and searched and it brought me here:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/capacitors/aluminum-capacitors/131081?k=p1126

But I don't know what to select at that point.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Can you measure the spacing of the leads and the diameter of the cap?

thee leads appear to be approximately 5mm apart from each other, and the diamater is approximately 1cm.

thanks atm!

Capacitor is here, it looks to be twice as long. Do you think that is something to worry about? I can/should be able to still fit it on the board with some careful placement.

Back