• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

256MB RAM, only 128 recognized?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i got a tusl2-c but it recognizes only 128MB RAM of my 256MB stick.
the problem is that the memory is a compaq ECC registered version, can this be the problem? why only the 128MB?
i need some help from ppl who know this kind of stuff well or ppl using the tus2l-c.
thanks.

what kind of memory is it? 32x64? 32x64 is industry standard. If iit is any other standard, IE 16x64 some motherboards will not recognize it, or will show a lower number than is really installed. IE your 256 showing up as a 128. I had this problem when I bought a new memory module for my old Soyo 6VBA 133. I purchased some memory that was improperly listed on ebay as 32x64 and was really 16x64. If that is it try to return it and make sure you get 32x64 that is industry standard and 99% if the time will work.

the memory is not necessarily shot, like I said it could just be the wrong type of Ram. If the ram was shot, 9 times out of 10 it wouldnt read it at all. You would get a POST memory error.

Back