• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone ever heard of ELIXIR brand memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I thinks the nerds at the so called computer store gave me this stuff today. I have never heard of it but I need some meory to get my system running when I get my AK35GTR tommorrow.

Looks like CL2.5 but other than that I bet it is low quality.

?????

Mike

I've used elixir memory before, I also got it from a shop when i was mega desperate for PC2100. Needless to say the system I built with it has had complete failure twice. (no over clocking either)

I'm not sure thats what u wanted to hear, granted i can't say it was because of bad ram, but I'm sure it didn't help!

Never heard of it, but as a general rule, cheap memory is always a poor choice...I'd rather have a smaller stick of quality than a huge stick of cheapo ram that may cost you far more in corrupted data and endless problems. Every time you have a problem, you tend to complicate matters with cheap ram...
My 2 centavos...

Back