• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7-raid, will Abit ever resolve the reboot problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teosteven

Guess i'm one of those who got a Ferrari but couldn't afford a pitstop or even turn off the engine. My P4 1.6a is running at 2536 after pin mod 1.7v(actual 1.62-1.66v), 100% stable burned in for 1 week now with prime95+toast+3dmark2k1se+burnp6 simultaneosly without a single crash. Ram = Kingmax DDR333. Mem timings = 2.5,6,3,3. Managed to get it to 2.6GHz but crashed on Prime95 with AVC Sunflower.

Boy, I'm so ****ed off at Abit now...the reboot problems is not just cold boot, even hitting the case reset button often forced the system not to POST.

I'm from Malaysia BTW, so opportunity to RMA the board is zero. Worse yet, Abit here seems not to acknowledge this problem at all. Just check out their website with the their post of fabulous 'biased' reviews on the BD7.

The question is it is 110% stable in Windows why can't it boot at that speed!!!!????

Few final desperate questions:

1. Are there any BD7 owners out there NOT having reboot(cold & warm) issues?

2. Does newer batches/made of BD7-raid motherboards solve this problem?

3. Can this problem be solved at all with just a BIOS flash?...the latest seems like ages ago dated Dec last year.

I hope some honest soul/reviewer can take this issue directly to Abit as I personally feel that this is not right. The answer I've got from Abit over here in Malaysia is that they do not guarantee anything with overclocking...HELLO???? The reason I got YOUR board is purely wanting to overclock and Softmenu3 + lock PCI33 bus.

That doesn't sound like fun :/ I just ordered a Abit TH7II-Raid (it better come with the new 38 bios! :) - i'll let you know if I have problems, i'll be overclocking a 1.8a GHz intel on it.

teosteven said:
Guess i'm one of those who got a Ferrari but couldn't afford a pitstop or even turn off the engine. My P4 1.6a is running at 2536 after pin mod 1.7v(actual 1.62-1.66v), 100% stable burned in for 1 week now with prime95+toast+3dmark2k1se+burnp6 simultaneosly without a single crash. Ram = Kingmax DDR333. Mem timings = 2.5,6,3,3. Managed to get it to 2.6GHz but crashed on Prime95 with AVC Sunflower.

Boy, I'm so ****ed off at Abit now...the reboot problems is not just cold boot, even hitting the case reset button often forced the system not to POST.

I'm from Malaysia BTW, so opportunity to RMA the board is zero. Worse yet, Abit here seems not to acknowledge this problem at all. Just check out their website with the their post of fabulous 'biased' reviews on the BD7.

The question is it is 110% stable in Windows why can't it boot at that speed!!!!????

Few final desperate questions:

1. Are there any BD7 owners out there NOT having reboot(cold & warm) issues?

2. Does newer batches/made of BD7-raid motherboards solve this problem?

3. Can this problem be solved at all with just a BIOS flash?...the latest seems like ages ago dated Dec last year.

I hope some honest soul/reviewer can take this issue directly to Abit as I personally feel that this is not right. The answer I've got from Abit over here in Malaysia is that they do not guarantee anything with overclocking...HELLO???? The reason I got YOUR board is purely wanting to overclock and Softmenu3 + lock PCI33 bus.
well, you got alot higher that me with the fsb. i can only reach 127 fsb stable. and i have a vapochill. what do you have your ram set at in the bios? 200 or 266? i would be very happy if i coul run at 158 fsb:D we need to talk so i can find out how you have all your settings in the bios.

well, you got alot higher that me with the fsb. i can only reach 127 fsb stable. and i have a vapochill. what do you have your ram set at in the bios? 200 or 266? i would be very happy if i coul run at 158 fsb we need to talk so i can find out how you have all your settings in the bios.

RAM's runnin' at 200DDR. I also find it tough as hell to run 266DDR on the BD7raid. The voltage for the ram=2.6. Softmenu dipswitch is on BTW( hence REBOOT problems )

Can someone out there raise their hands and say yes they have a 100% no reboot probs on the BD7raid??????

CAN THE ABOVE REBOOT PROBLEM BE SOLVED????????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

switching the machine off at the back each time you power down seems to make the cold boot problem faaaaaaaaar less severe

teosteven said:
well, you got alot higher that me with the fsb. i can only reach 127 fsb stable. and i have a vapochill. what do you have your ram set at in the bios? 200 or 266? i would be very happy if i coul run at 158 fsb we need to talk so i can find out how you have all your settings in the bios.

RAM's runnin' at 200DDR. I also find it tough as hell to run 266DDR on the BD7raid. The voltage for the ram=2.6. Softmenu dipswitch is on BTW( hence REBOOT problems )

Can someone out there raise their hands and say yes they have a 100% no reboot probs on the BD7raid??????

CAN THE ABOVE REBOOT PROBLEM BE SOLVED????????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok, with the ram, do you have the speed settings, or have it manual, 2.5, 6, 3, 3.? there is a beta bios i downloaded today, if what you said doesnt work, i might try it.:D

ok, with the ram, do you have the speed settings, or have it manual, 2.5, 6, 3, 3.? there is a beta bios i downloaded today, if what you said doesnt work, i might try it.

=================

I have the RAM settings on manual 2.5, 6, 3, 3. But everytime the reboot issues happen, the BIOS will force it back to SPD. You'll have to go back to Softmenu and set back the RAM settings manually, save and reboot and CROSS YOUR FINGERS TIGHT and HOPE IT'LL POST.....:)..:(((

How's the beta BIOS working out and where'd you initially get it.....? IS THE REBOOT PROBLEM SOLVED????

Back