• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone PLEASE make a sticky?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ucfswimmer

I dont wan't to sound...rude...or annoyed, but well I guess I'm a little annoyed...it seems that 5 or 6 people each day always ask the same question..and i know thats what forums are for...asking questions...but its the people that come here to the memory section and always ask...and come on you know what im going to say..."what is the best memory for overclocking?"

Can We get a 'Definitive Memory Guide' up with references to "best overclocking ram" in the subject line letting people know the difference between cas latency, ddr pc 1600, 2100, 2400 and 2700..and a brief breakdown on brand difference? I would/can do it but i dont know if any op would see fit to making it a sticky...

~jeff~

although there really is no "best o.c'ing ram", a good guide is in order
price/performance=crucial hands down
thats the only kind i have experience with besides
OCZ=crapx1000000
good start! if everyone will pm me w/reviews of ram they like/ocing results, ect, ill make one up and hope the mods make it a sticky:)
-Malakai

Come on mods give the man a sticky. Do him one better and make it a poll:D All you have to do is PM a mod and they will help you out. I vote for a poll:beer:

i would vote for the POLL too!

that would help people have a overall idea what kinda RAM do they like.......

save lots of repeat answering and give a voting of what everyone like....

just my $0.02

wee!

SDRAM:
Corsair
Kingmax
Kingston
Micron Technology
Mushkin
Nanya
OCZTechnology
Samsung
Viking Components
Zeus Components
Generic

DDR:
Corsair
Kingmax
Kingston
Micron Technology
Mushkin
Nanya
OCZTechnology
Samsung
Viking Components
Zeus Components
Generic

RDRAM:
Samsung
Kingston
Viking Components
Zeus Components
Generic

and this would be in reference to overclockability, right?

i cant wait! im so excited!!! :D

~jeff~

I'll work one up when I get home. May have to limit that list down quite a bit too, not sure how all that is going to fit in just one poll.

have 1 poll for each type!
sdram
ddr
rdram
or maybe just the well known better brands
-Malakai

Back