• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P3B-F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rkh63

I have an Asus P3B-F mb with bios version 1006 with a slocket 1?
adapter(s370).I was running a 400 mhz celeron(clocked to 500 mhz) and bought a 1 gig celeron but when i boot nothing happens,not even my monitor light turning green from stand-by.I
had the cpu tested and it is fine.And insights?Thanks in advance.

After swapping out 4 motherboards and 3 CPUs the last 2 weeks, I know the feeling.

Try reseating the Slocket, and even your video card. I found the Asus boards are not reliable with beep codes; most the time you don't get them like with the Abit. On the latter, you definitely get a beep code if the video card is not seated.

If the CPU or Slocket isn't seated correctly, you get the problem you mentioned.

Or if you set the FSB too high, the monitor won't turn on (won't post), but sounds like you are not overclocking yet.

It's also possible you configured the Slocket incorrectly.

Perheps you've got the tulatin(256K cach, named 1GA) celeron, it will not work on older s370 board.

I tried reseating the video card as well as removing the sound and network card,no go.I have also tried reseating the slocket and cpu,no go.I have the slocket set at 1.8v which is the lowest setting.I have also tried 1.85v as well as cpu default,no go.There are no other adjustments on the slocket.And no to the tualatin question,it is a 128k cache 100mhz cpu(SL5XQ).Is it possible that my slocket is not compatable with this cpu?Slocket is an Asus S370 revision 1.01.
Also,which I forgot to add,my power button doesn't work for shutting down,I have to use the on/off switch on the power supply.When I reinstall my 400 Celery everything is fine.FSB is set to 83.?Mhz.

Try this:

Using Celeron CPU, set BIOS to default settings and save. Set jumpers on slocket to AUTO for Vcore and FSB. Boot just to see if the Celly shows up as 400. Install Celly 1000 onto slocket setting jumper pin to coppermine, not PPGA (I am assuming that the S370 you have is virtually identical to the S370-DL that I have). See if the computer boots w/ Celly @ 1GHz.

PS Got the Abit slocket mixed up w/ the Asus slocket. Not sure if Celeron setting on Asus slocket denotes just PPGA or both PPGA and FCPGA. If need be, can ask my brother cause he's using a Celly 900 on an Asus slocket.

Back