• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling TUA266 + Win2k + NVIDIA card owners!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToastGodSupreme

Registered
Update: Got stuff working. Got the screenshots. Thanks much.

Before you post in this, have the following components:
ASUS TUA266 Motherboard
Win2k Pro or Server
NVIDIA brand video card

What I need:
1. Is your setup stable? (do you experience lockups in games, blah blah blah)

2. If your system is stable, take a screen shot of your "System Devices" under "Device Manager" and post it.

3. What driver versions are you using as well (ALi drivers + video card drivers)?

4. Under the NVIDIA display panel, where it says "Display Adapter Information" (it's the place with the spinning NVIDIA logo), does it say "Bus Type: AGP"? If it says "Bus Type: AGP (PCI mode)" or anything other than "Bus Type: AGP", forget it.

Why?
I have yet to get my system running stable without disabling AGP support. Which completely sucks because it kinda makes having an AGP4x capable card worthless if I can't take advantage of a single AGP feature (high bandwidth, special and faster instructions, blah blah blah).

Thanks for your time.
Btw, let me restate NOT to post in this unless you're giving me a screenshot of what I have requested. I really don't feel like being told by 30 people different things I can do to troubleshoot this issue. Trust me, I've been there, done that, didn't work. I KNOW it's an issue in the system devices area. So if I can see what someone with a stable setup has, I can mimic what they have and theoretically, have a stable system as well.

I don't mean to be an *** or anything, it's just that I've lived with this problem long enough and am sick of running my **** in PCI mode. So yeah.

Actually, if you know of this problem, and know how to fix it, go right ahead and tell me. Don't guess what you think my problem is though and try to sugest something you're not sure will work. I'm done playing around with this and just want a solution.

Last edited:
TUA266 blahblah

I have screenshots of what you've asked.

It's stable at an overclock of 1166 from 950 Cely. The driver for the VCard is (i forgot where i downloaded) is not for my type of GF2 Nvidia. I used a DDR Nvidia driver so i can overclock. Again, my Vcard doesn't have DDR.

Also I have problems with the mobo. I cant change the Vcore settings other than 1.75. if I try 1.8 or 1.85 or even a lower one at 1.325, after booting up the hardware monitor displays 1.75 still.

Maybe you could help me on this. Is my Cely supposed to be unlocked or something. By the way, of course I've set the computer to Jumperfree.

I have posted a thread about it somewhere...

Ty. Happy Overclocking.

Re: TUA266 blahblah

ocjoel said:
I have screenshots of what you've asked.

It's stable at an overclock of 1166 from 950 Cely. The driver for the VCard is (i forgot where i downloaded) is not for my type of GF2 Nvidia. I used a DDR Nvidia driver so i can overclock. Again, my Vcard doesn't have DDR.

Also I have problems with the mobo. I cant change the Vcore settings other than 1.75. if I try 1.8 or 1.85 or even a lower one at 1.325, after booting up the hardware monitor displays 1.75 still.

Maybe you could help me on this. Is my Cely supposed to be unlocked or something. By the way, of course I've set the computer to Jumperfree.

I have posted a thread about it somewhere...

Ty. Happy Overclocking.

Heh, oops, forgot about this thread.

I managed to get it working finally. had to take AGP to 2x. Apparently ASUS and ALi know about the driver issue and the fact that it is unstable at 4x. They told me this after I had already fixed the problem.

And you're not alone in the vcore issue. ASUS has been made aware of this issue as well. They have yet to do anything about it though.

I'm waiting for the final version of the 1004 bios. Hopefully the vcore fix will be in there.

oic...

Stupid Asus and Ali!

Well, I emailed them twice and still no response. Thanks for the info.

sorry I couldn't upload the images on my past threads, bad internet connection.

There's another issue besides the vcore. Are you aware of its buggy ps/2 mouse port also?

Anyway, drop me a thread if you figure out how to manipulate the voltages. Ty.

Re: oic...

ocjoel said:
Stupid Asus and Ali!

Well, I emailed them twice and still no response. Thanks for the info.

sorry I couldn't upload the images on my past threads, bad internet connection.

There's another issue besides the vcore. Are you aware of its buggy ps/2 mouse port also?

Anyway, drop me a thread if you figure out how to manipulate the voltages. Ty.

Nope, had no clue about the mouse port. :) I have a USB mouse. :) Heh. Sorry. I've been emailing them almost once a day with the same email concerning voltages and the AGP problem. This has really shaken my faith in ASUS. Before this mobo I had held them in really high regards (my old p2b rocked).

Back