• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 1600A not working with Th7II with BIOS 38...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eriksatie

my board comes with the new BIOS 38, same date as the downloadable one, but it does't work....****!a message appears saying "CPU is unworkable or as been changed. Please
recheck CPU soft menu." and then I'm not able to boot from floppy.

What's that? I know the problem about flashing old bios with northwood, but ... I don't need to flash! It should work. It HAVE to work!

someone knows the problem? I Have to flash with the same BIOS version?

Please let me know

Clear the CMOS with the onboard jumper. Follow the instructions on how to do it in the manual. That should get it going.

PS. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

...uhm I was so involved in the problem that I forgot to say hallo!
sorry...

I've tried to clear the CMOS. The first time I reboot the message doesn't appers, I let load default bios value but after I cannot boot up from the floppy. Then, rebooting, the message of errors reappears.

other ideas?

I think I know - I don't have an Abit TH7II up and running yet but I think I have read about this problem somewhere. Go into the BIOS and disable the CPU error correction or something, hmm... i'm sure this is not too clear, forgot what it was exactly. If I find exactly what it is i'll post back here again, I think it should be pretty easy to fix.

Maybe i'm wrong but I remember there reading somewhere that there was an option to disable so the BIOS will accept new chips and settings, /sigh maybe i'm totally wrong but thats what I remember reading.

This should fix your problem. Go to your bios and go to the Soft Menu selection. Manually set your cpu speed to 1600mhz(100) and that should fix your problem. To set your speed to 1600mhz manually, you may need to set your multiplier factor to 16x instead of what it is at now.

Someone was having what seems to be the same EXACT problem you are having and their problem was solved, read this thread if you need more information:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73256

thank you guys!!
I disabled "autodetection speed" on the board (deep switch 1) and I set it manually in the BIOS.
Now it works.

Back