• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade from pc2100 to pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

I want your opinion on whether it would help me up my fsb from 147 to 150 if I replaced my PC2100 Crucial w/ the PC2700 Corsair or Kingmax memory.
My cpu voltage is fixed at 1.75 (mbm5 reading) and am not able to increase it since my mobo is so generic/plain.
I can not adjust my multiplier either. I'm stuck at 11x.
My system is super stable at 147fsb and will do prime95 for over 24hours w/o a hitch.
But once I try to increase my fsb 150, my system locks up and I have to unplug the power cord.
I have a generic 300watt psu. Everything runs perfectly stable BUT I want to be able to hit 150fsb w/ my present components.
Will the PC2700 solve my problem?

i think its your mobo which is pulling you back. Crucial should go a little bit higher than 150, at least i got them to 155 cas2-2-2.

maxima88 said:
I want your opinion on whether it would help me up my fsb from 147 to 150 if I replaced my PC2100 Crucial w/ the PC2700 Corsair or Kingmax memory.
My cpu voltage is fixed at 1.75 (mbm5 reading) and am not able to increase it since my mobo is so generic/plain.
I can not adjust my multiplier either. I'm stuck at 11x.
My system is super stable at 147fsb and will do prime95 for over 24hours w/o a hitch.
But once I try to increase my fsb 150, my system locks up and I have to unplug the power cord.
I have a generic 300watt psu. Everything runs perfectly stable BUT I want to be able to hit 150fsb w/ my present components.
Will the PC2700 solve my problem?

Looks like you have reached your limit with that voltage for your CPU. When you can find a way to up the v-core, then you might get more MGZ.

Back