• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On a KT333, will i be able to run my 2100ddr at 166mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

I got a epox 8k3a and i have 1 dimm of 512 mushkin 2100ddr. Is it safe to run this at 166mhz such as pc2700ram? If i up the volts to the dimms will i be able to run it stable? anybody have any experience with the kt333's?

Well, yes and no. It kinda depends.

Any good branded memory will be able to run at 166. They are not rated to do it but many will. I'm not sure about mushkin in particular but they are one of the better name brands. Might wanna send this to the memory section, you might get more help with it. It won't hurt the ram any to try, and upping the voltage will definetly increase stabiility, but you may wanna look into some ram sinks if they get a bit hot from the extra voltage.

Give it a try, it's almost guaranteed that the worst to happen will be your computer will lock up, I believe many people have gotten much more than 166 out of PC2100 memory.

how do i move threads? i clicked on the edit button but i couldn ot find where it sayss to move thread. it will not even let me delete the thread so i can put it in a different forum.

Emericana said:
how do i move threads? i clicked on the edit button but i couldn ot find where it sayss to move thread. it will not even let me delete the thread so i can put it in a different forum.

DONE

Back