• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT333 WCPUID question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

OK, quick question. Are there any programs out there that read FSB as well as memory bus. I want to know if my ram is truely running at HLK+33.

I just performed a load of mem benches on Sandra 2002 and my RAM and got the following results:

HLK(133)+33 @ cas 2.5 = 2081MB/s, 1974MB/s

HLK(144) @ cas 2 = 2190MB/s, 2082MB/s

HLK(144) @ cas 2.5 = 2181MB/s, 2074MB/s

and finally... (with a shift of core voltage from 1.8 to 1.825)

HLK(145) @ cas 2 = 2215MB/s, 2111MB/s

These results indicate one of three things to me... One, Sisoft is full of crap and doesn't work at all on the kt333. Two, MSI/VIA are full of crap and HLK+33 BIOS option doesn't work. Or, three, the FSB increase was somehow giving me better mem bandwidth by design than simply upping the mem bus alone...

Who has thoughts on this???

thanks...

MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU
ATHLON 2000+ OC'd FSB145= 2300+ (1.82Ghz)
CORSAIR 2700XMS 256MB Cas2
ENERMAX 365 PS
and a Volcano 6cu+ keeping me at a chilly 42C ;-)

nope

just downloaded and ran and it doesn't give me RAM speed, just RAM size...

if anyone knows of a program which recognizes and detects FSB as well as mem bus speed on the KT333 please let me know..

Also, anyone have any thoughts on those benchmarks I posted???

thanks

h0mersimps0n said:
OK, quick question. Are there any programs out there that read FSB as well as memory bus.

What's wrong with Sandra? This is what I use for both FSB and memory speed.

Re: nope

h0mersimps0n said:
just downloaded and ran and it doesn't give me RAM speed, just RAM size...

if anyone knows of a program which recognizes and detects FSB as well as mem bus speed on the KT333 please let me know..

Also, anyone have any thoughts on those benchmarks I posted???

thanks

Looks like WCPUID doesn't support the KT333 yet. It was the v3.0f you downloaded?

sigh... 3.0f doesn't work in detecting RAM speed... the only proof, is WPCREDIT offset 69h, 6th bit "DRAM is faster than CPU , DRAM=CPU+33" is enabled.

If you guys managed to find any proof for this, please let me know.

Yeah, WCPUID doesn't work on the KT333, I knew that, this is why I asked if anyone knew of anything else... but in looking back on my benches I think more and more that the HLK+33 setting is just for looks

Back