• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is REAL PC2700 cas 2 available in double sideded?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I have seen alot of advertised pc2700. Currently I have 2x256 Crucial pc2100, I want to upgrade to pc2700 for my KT333 board.

From what I have read there is not true cas 2 pc2700 yet available. The best I have found is this which is Corsair single sided pc2700 cas 2. But I have heard single sided ddr can pose some probs.

My Crucial will not run the 333 bios setting, but I have not tried some other tweaks yet. But this board is faster than my previous MSI K7T266 Pro raid board

http://www.ncix.com/Canada/productdetail.cfm?sku=7501

equal to $117US

If anyone knows where I can get true double sided cas 2 pc2700 post the links, looking for Corsair or OZC

Cisco KId

Cisco Kid said:
I have seen alot of advertised pc2700. Currently I have 2x256 Crucial pc2100, I want to upgrade to pc2700 for my KT333 board.

From what I have read there is not true cas 2 pc2700 yet available. The best I have found is this which is Corsair single sided pc2700 cas 2. But I have heard single sided ddr can pose some probs.

My Crucial will not run the 333 bios setting, but I have not tried some other tweaks yet. But this board is faster than my previous MSI K7T266 Pro raid board

http://www.ncix.com/Canada/productdetail.cfm?sku=7501

equal to $117US

If anyone knows where I can get true double sided cas 2 pc2700 post the links, looking for Corsair or OZC

Cisco KId

Stay away from OCZ and get some good KingMax, they are double-sided and true PC2700. Look for the -5 chips on the stick. If you need this for a NForce then you need single sided stuff. You can get quality KingMax at www.pcclub.com

No I do not need the ram for nforce board . So Kingmax seems to be what I am hearing? But I have heard it is a crapshoot on the mem rating that one may get.

Any links to where I can get Corsair at for a good price?

Whats your opinion on the Corsair I found, check link above?

Cisco KId

Re: Re: Is REAL PC2700 cas 2 available in double sideded?

TranceBear said:

Stay away from OCZ and get some good KingMax, they are double-sided and true PC2700. Look for the -5 chips on the stick. If you need this for a NForce then you need single sided stuff. You can get quality KingMax at www.pcclub.com

The site only shows generic pc2700 for 89.95 does not say cas 2 or 2.5 any more info Trancebear?

Cisco Kid

jdmcnudgent said:
which is better, cas 2 or 2.5, i have two sticks of kingmax 2700 with the 5ns on the chips, and cas 2.5? is it also better to run this at 2 or 2.5?:D

Cas 2 is faster if your ram will run at cas 2 then run it at that. System will be more stable at high fsb, I want cas 2 pc2700 cause thats where the KT333 benefits

Cisco KId

I run the XMS Corsair 2700 cas 2 in my 8K3A and it rocks. This memory is pretty incredible. I recommend it highly.

dangit!!!

nikhsub1 you have the XMS running at HLK+33 and CAS2!? The MSI, ASUS nor BIOSTAR KT333 boards can get that F-ing RAM to work at that setting! Could you run some Sisoft mem benchmarks, I posted some of mine in an earlier post.

Has anyone been able to run the MSI or ASUS kt333 board with the corsair 2700xms at cas2 and 333mhz?

Should've gotten an EPOX board they've always been the best about bios update, I fell for a pretty face (this MSI board is sweet looking).....

Re: dangit!!!

h0mersimps0n said:
nikhsub1 you have the XMS running at HLK+33 and CAS2!? The MSI, ASUS nor BIOSTAR KT333 boards can get that F-ing RAM to work at that setting! Could you run some Sisoft mem benchmarks, I posted some of mine in an earlier post.

Has anyone been able to run the MSI or ASUS kt333 board with the corsair 2700xms at cas2 and 333mhz?

Should've gotten an EPOX board they've always been the best about bios update, I fell for a pretty face (this MSI board is sweet looking).....

The 2 best KT333 based board right now are the Gigabyte and the Epox, they pretty much were equal in benchmark tests.

I have the Gigabyte non raid version and last night I cranked the fsb to 166 , cranked dimm voltage to 2.8 turned the 333 setting on using PC2100 Crucial ram , turned up vcore +5% and bam I ran and completed 3D Mark2K1.

My Sandra scores only improved slightly so it is an issue with the 2100 not having the banmdwidth and thats where real pc2700 cas2 will work the best.

Here is the review of the 2 boards, unfortunately the Iwill ali KT333, Soltek 75 DRV5 and MSI KT3 Ultra do not match the GA or Epox performance.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=211&dPage=1

The next best choice is the Soltek.

Cisco Kid

jdmcnudgent said:
which is better, cas 2 or 2.5, i have two sticks of kingmax 2700 with the 5ns on the chips, and cas 2.5? is it also better to run this at 2 or 2.5?:D

I have both my sticks of KingMax running at the most aggressive setting my board will allow at 150mhz FSB. My CPU voltage is holding me back for anymore. It is better to run at cas 2 and I have never seen Kingmax not run cas 2. I manage a PC Club in Washington, I have the KingMax in stock, PM me if you want some sent, we can arrange this, they are all -5 chips.

Too bad you guys aren't into Northwoods :). There's lots of different dividers on the good Intel boards that let you run your memory real fast. Oh well, you'll be getting your 333 boards pretty soon so you can start getting massive RAM OCs like us Intel guys.

I'm running my 2 x 512Mb sticks of Corsair PC2700 XMS at 340Mhz, CAS2, 2.5v. I've run it for 11 hrs and 24 hrs in Memtest86 with zero errors. This is some real good RAM.

That's 1 gig of RAM at 340Mhz, CAS2, 100% stable!

Re: dangit!!!

h0mersimps0n said:

Yep, here is an early bench at I think 170 FSB. I have had it to 185, CAS2, Turbo etc.

Back